Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it's really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here!
About the Job
Magoosh works hard to attract and retain passionate people who are driven by our mission to make education more accessible. People Operations is a key building block in ensuring our teammates are excited and able to take on their work. We are looking for someone interested in being anHR Manager who thrives in ambiguity and is passionate about people. You will partner with many people across all of our departments, work closely with our Administrative Assistant, and report to our People Operations lead, Amrita. You will be our company point person in scaling processes, developing new ones as needed, and will handle day-to-day operations like offboarding, onboarding processes, organizing events and more.
You’ll ensure that people have what they need and are engaged in their roles. . You will be an integral part of our team, leading engagement improvement, employment law compliance,general operations (payroll, leave, etc),, and more.
This position is based in the Magoosh office in Berkeley, CA with a salary of $108,000-117,000, depending on experience. You must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will...
- Assist with the development of annual HR metrics and goals
- Think through ways to improve the engagement metrics of our remote and in-office teams
- Develop systems for forecasting and succession planning for organizational changes
- Get buy-in to lead company-wide and manager-wide initiatives and changes as needed
- Lead our performance processes for our remote teams
- Manage and improve our onboarding and offboarding processes
- Be the point person for internal questions, interpersonal issues, role changes, performance issues, and more
- Coordinate, promote, and systematize L&D development events and resources
- Ongoing benefits administration and open enrollment
- Support immigration/visa processes when applicable
- Maintain day-to-day payroll and benefits
- Maintain and foster office culture initiatives (like class stipend perks and team events)
- Have 2-5 years of previous experience as a People Operations Manager or HR Generalist at a culturally-minded small company or startup
- Help where help is needed, from large projects to small tasks
- Have some experience coaching others on difficult situations and challenging conversations
- Have shown success at setting and improving metrics within people operations
- Have helped gain company-wide buy-in for difficult roll outs and changes
- Have some knowledge of CA and US employment laws
- Are adept at using data to make strategic determinations
- Are a friendly and clear communicator
- Have experience with Gusto, CultureAmp, and Zenefits (or similar HR tools and systems)
Extra credit if you...
- Have a background with D&I work
- Have experience working with an Employer of Record, handling HR for remote employees, and/or remote employees working in multiple states
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.