Magoosh is in the early stages of building a B2B team and needs an experienced Customer Success Manager (CSM) to help us succeed. As our first CSM, your goal is to ensure that schools succeed when they partner with Magoosh. To do so, you will own everything after point of sale for our key school districts, from onboarding and implementation through adoption, usage, and success. Your work will not only make administrators, teachers, and students happy, but will also lead to renewals and expanded partnerships. In this cross-functional role, you will partner closely with senior members of Sales, Product, Student Help, and Content, resolving challenges school districts face, developing resources to ensure success, and prioritizing feature requests.
This position is a full-time, in-office position based in the Magoosh office in Berkeley, CA with an annual salary of $103,000 - $119,500 depending on experience. You must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Simply, own Customer Success at Magoosh, setting the foundation for success and growth in this new and important part of our business.
- Build relationships with current school districts and increase adoption & usage of our products through a deep understanding of our products.
- Advocate for our partners across the company, specifically to Product, Content, Sales, and Student Help teams.
- Develop and improve onboarding and implementation playbooks for future partners, through the creation of assets, guidelines, systems, and processes.
- Maintain high levels of customer engagement and satisfaction with a focus on student engagement and learning, and school administrator and teacher happiness.
- Collect and provide quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform team decision-making, product roadmaps, and sales strategies and tactics.
- Partner closely with Sales to develop a strategy for each key partner to hit retention goals.
- Serve as primary point of contact for teachers and administrators when issues arise, troubleshooting and ensuring a quick resolution.
- Work closely with our customer support team to manage and set priorities for handling and responding to lower level issues that students and teachers encounter.
You have many of the following …
- 3+ years of experience in customer success, account management, business development, or consulting.
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset, comfortable with ambiguity and can self-organize; a passion for taking something from infancy to maturity; experience leading a large project and directing the work of others.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to juggle many competing opportunities and requests for product changes
- Can translate customer feedback into product requirements; troubleshoot issues and come up with creative workarounds; identify top priorities based on impact for all B2B customers; work cross-functionally to advocate for those changes.
- Demonstrated success working across and partnering with teams, clearly communicating priorities and impact, gaining buy-in without support from management, and driving projects to successful completion.
- A high degree of empathy for students, teachers and school administrators, and the curiosity and drive to connect with people on a personal level.
- Can thoughtfully teach, educate, and persuade people to adopt a new product, curriculum, or feature.
- Have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- A passion for making a difference and leveling the education playing field.
Extra credit if you have...
- Experience running experiments, setting up metrics/goals to judge success, and iterating on learnings.
- Project managed small/medium feature releases and conducted user interviews and testing.
- Experience leading a team
- Experience with LMS’s, such as Clever, Hubspot, and Asana.
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.