Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it's really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
About the Job
Magoosh creates blogs and other free resources to help students learn about and prepare for gateway exams like the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, ACT, and Praxis. We are looking for a Content Marketing Associate to help improve conversion rates on our blogs and to grow their search presence by ensuring they are updated regularly with awesome content that follows current SEO strategies and best practices.
This is a full-time position based in our office in Berkeley, CA. You must be authorized to work in the US.
The salary range for this position is between $74,000 - $83,000 depending on level of expertise.
In this position, you will…
- Work on projects to grow qualified traffic to our blogs and apply SEO strategies to improve rankings, click-through rate, and engagement.
- Conduct keyword and student research and plan creative and shareable topics for blog content that is on-brand, consistent in style and quality, and optimized for our students’ experience.
- Work closely with our remote blog team of writers, editors, and designers to keep existing blog content optimized and up-to-date.
- Help with promotions efforts for key pieces of content including blog posts, books, videos and more.
- Organize the creation and iteration of blog calls to action and potential landing pages with an eye on conversion.
- Work closely with our 6-member content marketing team and the greater marketing team to ensure our blogs are aiding our strategic marketing needs.
- Stay up-to-date on changes in SEO so that we can continually produce top-performing content in an ever-evolving search landscape.
- Help out the marketing team in any areas needed (we’re a small startup, after all!)
You have many of the following…
- At least one year of full-time marketing experience or 6-months+ SEO experience
- Exceptional writing, editing, communication, and research skills
- Experience coordinating many projects at once, with strong attention to detail
- Experience interpreting, collecting, and analyzing data with good Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Experience with WordPress, HTML, and CSS
- Basic knowledge of SEO
- A growth mindset and a curiosity to learn more about marketing, SEO, business, and the education sector
- A passion for making a difference and leveling the education playing field
Extra credit if you…
- Have written blog posts or managed a content calendar.
- Have experience with test prep tutoring and/or college or grad school admissions coaching.
- Have experience with Google Analytics and/or SEO analytics tools (such as STAT Keyword Analytics, MOZ, or Ahrefs).
- Have experience with conversion optimization and A/B and split testing.
Note: Please feel free to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.