Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to build the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, we're growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every single day, we work with students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it's really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here!
About the Job
We’re looking for a hands-on and experienced Data Lead to help us provide affordable, effective, and enjoyable test prep to even more students across the globe. You will deliver actionable insights and enable our cross-functional teams to use data in their daily decisions. At the moment this role will be an individual contributor reporting to the Director of Product and Engineering. In the future this role could involve people management and growing the data team.
This position is a full-time, in-office position based in the Magoosh office in Berkeley, CA with an annual salary of $141,500 to $159,500, depending on experience. You must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Guide experimentations for individual product features or marketing campaigns, from beginning to end.
- Prioritize ad-hoc data requests from different departments and provide actionable advice.
- Proactively answer strategic questions using data and support stakeholders with timely and valuable insight.
- Own our current data warehousing architecture.
- Think through the company’s long-term data needs and grow the team as needed.
- Have 5+ years experience as a data scientist or data analyst.
- Are an expert in SQL, and are proficient in 1+ scripting language.
- Have a proven track record of using data analysis or building data products to reach significant business metrics.
- Have demonstrated strong leadership and communication skills while collaborating with several cross-functional teams.
- Have the ability to explain complex statistical concepts and methodology, and articulate insights to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Have experience with building and/or updating data infrastructures and data pipelines.
Extra credit if you…
- Have experience mentoring and managing other data professionals.
- Have played a leadership role in creating an A/B testing platform or machine learning products/services.
- Have experience with Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Periscope, Redshift/PostgreSQL.
- Have worked on a consumer facing product.
- Have an advanced degree in Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, or other quantitative fields.
Note: Please feel free to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.