In this role, you will be responsible for leading and executing supplier quality program (supplier development & supplier quality assurance) for electrical parts across Magic Leap products. In this highly hands-on role, you will enjoy the key decision making combined with the on-site hands-on problem solving that comes with owning the quality for one of the most innovative products in the world today. Strong technical leadership, project management, and organizational skills are essential to succeed in this role.
- Apply solid understanding of quality control and manufacturing concepts to develop specific PQPs for electrical commodities.
- Manage all aspects of Logic Board quality, design quality, PCBA components, and assemblies.
- Coordinate all Quality Engineering functions for electrical commodities, serving as project manager to lead efforts at supplier locations.
- Establish audit procedures appropriate to program and supplier to ensure adherence to high-quality standards.
- Develop and Implement PPAP of electrical commodities.
- Assuring supplier understanding and compliance with APQP processes and PPAP submission and approval requirements. Implementing and monitoring supplier part qualification and certification processes.
- Work with commodity sourcing managers, reliability engineers, and supplier’s quality engineers to ensure component quality & reliability.
- Implement systems and processes to quickly identify root cause and corrective actions for electrical commodities.
- Familiar with process flows, specifications, workmanship standards, monitoring supplier performance (process Cpk, qualification report, etc.) Perform FAI to ensure critical deliverables are reviewed before engineering, pre-production and production release for Product manufacturing.
- Support PCN or ECN activities.
- Interface with internal and external groups to ensure that proper definition of quality expectations and those appropriate assurance techniques are used for the mechanical commodities.
- Assess measurability and creatively address concerns directly with stakeholders. Identify and direct studies to implement improvements in measuring method where appropriate.
- Assess supplier production control and quality programs, identify shortfalls to expectation, and directly secure agreement to correct.
- Evaluates adherence to PQP at all development and qualification stages.
- Monitor each supplier's performance through measurement of production line statistics, company inspections, and audits.
- Prepare a summary of performance and communicate to appropriate management to ensure effective corrective action plans can be promptly executed.
- Managing cross-functionally with many different teams to resolve quality escalations.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience working in consumer electronics. International experience, particularly in Asia is required.
- Minimize 8 years’ experience in Electrical Engineering skills including familiarity with a circuit and system Design, and SMT processes of PCB assembly and test.
- Experience developing process quality plans, supplier quality audits, and driving corrective actions and failure analysis efforts.
- Experience with reliability HW setups and equipment for life, environmental, ESD, Latch-Up, testing, etc. Must know silicon product level reliability qualification and lifetime behavior model.
- Experience in driving suppliers in the areas of silicon Fab process/packaging / assembly, test, on-going reliability monitoring, post-production qualification.
- Excellent skills in failure analysis of PCBs, circuits, and their components including cross-sectional analysis, Optical Microscopy, X-Ray, SEM/EDS, FTIR, XPS, etc.
- Familiar with PCBA design tools. Familiar with PCBA test strategies: In Circuit Testing, Board Functional tests, and industry standard test methodologies such as JTAG
- Demonstrated ability to investigate quality problems and to apply sound technical judgment to develop potential solutions.
- Understand and familiar with manufacturing process on PCBA, ICs, Batteries, Passives, and cable in high volume quality manufacturing engineering for consumer electronics product.
- Experience applying JEDEC quality related standards, ISO and the science behind them.
- Experience in managing multiple sources.
- Experienced in managing product and process non-conformance: MRB, CAR, 8D and RMAs, failure analysis and reporting.
- Application of PFMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) and DOE (Design of Experiments)
- Dynamic and “can do” attitude engineer with the desire to work with a great team and product
- Excellent written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required
- This position can require up to 30%+ domestic/international travel, with some trips lasting up to two weeks in duration.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in engineering, science or related discipline. MS preferred
- BS in Electrical Engineering, MS preferred.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.