The Magic Leap Ecosystem product team’s mission is to attract and empower Creators to join Magic Leap’s quest in changing how we interact with the world. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
Are you a passionate problem-solver? Do you obsess over details and know how to connect the dots? Do you have a love-of-learning and an entrepreneurial, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude?
We are looking for a Business Analyst to be the driving force behind how our products are built. In this role, you will be tasked with breaking down concepts, writing requirements, and maintaining clarity throughout the software development life-cycle. The right candidate for this role has Agile experience as you will own consistent, high-quality user stories, acceptance criteria, functional specifications and process/data flow deliverables for teams that rapidly deliver value.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator who brings a unique blend of critically important analytical and soft skills who enjoys living in the product development trenches and driving the details home. You’re an organized learner whose work is both tactical and strategic: you can grasp the big view while maintaining a firm footing in the now. You have a passion for creating and owning all documentation a team needs to succeed.
- Participate in planning and own the details of our product ecosystem roadmap, delivering high-quality work on tight deadlines.
- Be accountable for product requirement deliverables which include Process/Data Flows, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria and Functional and Technical Specifications
- Champion grooming and build consensus across teams to get buy-in on product iterations.
- Have the discipline and flexibility to operate in multiple modes; be savvy enough to understand business objectives to drive value but tactical enough to define and unblock technical dependencies.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on the ins-and-outs of our products.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers and designers to refine product artifacts, requirements and use cases to ensure they are ready for development.
- Earn trust from your team and work to maintain the start-up-environment-with-heart culture we have.
- Work with Product Managers to prioritize production issues; serve as first-line-of-defense with our Quality team to triage customer escalations and provide Support team with timely and thorough resolutions.
- The ability to write concise, fine-grained requirements (captured as user stories, functional/technical requirements and acceptance criteria) that have clear conditions of satisfaction.
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or Business Systems Analyst in an Agile world where you are expected to chunk apart work and deliver details with quick turnaround time.
- Know how to work in an environment where ownership is shared across a highly-collaborative team with a furious focus on the customer and delivering value.
- Good technical crossover; you know how to connect the dots and ensure all corners are reached; Technical Writing background is a plus.
- Ability to speak the product development language, build cross-functional consensus among engineers, designers, and product managers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to identify ways to address a complicated problem at various levels of depth.
- Possess a high degree of internal motivation with ability to thrive in an environment where team-members operate autonomously while focusing on high-impact work.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a comparable discipline from a college or university. Equivalent work experience considered
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.