If you want to be part of a united team where everyone is empowered and trusted to make an impact, then Magic Leap could be the place for you. At Magic Leap you will have the freedom to explore innovative solutions and use your talents to solve real world problems. Working alongside industry experts, here you can grow your skills and play a part in amplifying human potential at the intersection of the physical and digital worlds. We know that successful change and progress are accelerated by diverse perspectives. As we shape our future, everyone's voice matters. Together, we can reimagine the world of work and, with our bold partners, make the impossible, possible.
The Sr. Manager People Business Partner is responsible for driving effective organizational outcomes through People strategy. They align company-wide business objectives with People focused initiatives, policies and processes on a global scale. The Sr. People Business Partner serves as a key consultant to management on human capital management related issues, acts as a trusted advisor, coach, negotiates and resolves conflict and influences and affects change. A successful Sr. People Business Partner will champion global People strategy and lead change management efforts through collaborative and integrated techniques. They are highly confident in their skills and knowledge and maintain keen instincts to inform precise and prompt decision-making and anticipation of People related business needs.
The Sr. Manager People Business Partner is personable, relatable, demonstrates business acumen, and both industry and human resources related expertise. They can establish strong relationships with senior executives and other leaders to foster an effective level of business literacy about the organization’s strategy, objectives, culture and competitive landscape. This role is also responsible for partnership with Magic Leap’s employee relations (“ER”) and People compliance function, to ensure prompt resolution of complex, high-risk or sensitive employee relations cases while ensuring the Company's compliance with federal, state, and local labor & employment laws. Additionally, this role requires a general understanding of international business and labor laws.
- Building and aligning People strategy with business priorities to drive results and improve organizational performance
- Analyzing People trends and metrics in partnership with the People Centers of Excellence (“COEs”) to develop solutions, programs, and policies
- Analyzing business data to create and draw insights, as well as better inform leadership decision making
- Working hand-in-hand with leadership within the business to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity, employee engagement, and retention
- Acting as a driver and champion for organizational change management and workforce planning
- Providing catalytic support to enable business transformation and working with business/function leaders to spot opportunities for organizational development, which will accelerate the delivery of business strategy
- Optimizing organizational design to increase productivity and performance
- Partnering with ER & Compliance, legal counsel and other investigative bodies, as/if applicable, on case management of ER issues
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of talent, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partnering with legal counsel as needed/required
- Equipping people leaders in timely addressing employee behavior and performance concerns via feedback and/or corrective/disciplinary action in alignment with company policies, aiming at risk mitigation and fostering a culture of high performance
- Coaching and challenging leaders to support the development of leadership capability
- Responsible for supporting COE program roll-out and initiatives in support of the overall business strategy and goals
- Other duties, as assigned
- 7+ years of progressive, strategic HR experience in a high-growth technology environment, working day-to-day with assigned business teams in an HRBP capacity
- Proven track record as a trusted partner to the executive leadership team, including having the ability to influence at the C-suite level
- Analytics and data manipulation skills (e.g. excel) and preferred experience with dashboards and driving insights from data
- Excellent communication and people management skills. Comfortable working and presenting to executives on a day-to-day basis
- Demonstrable experience handling employee relations matters such as discrimination and harassment complaints
- High-level knowledge of relevant employment law, e.g., Title VII, FLSA (EPA), ADEA, ADA, FMLA, GINA, and relative state and local laws throughout the United States but particularly Florida, California, Texas, and Washington.
- Ability to navigate successfully within ambiguity, multiple priorities, and constantly evolving scenarios. Experience working in a high volume, fast-paced environment is a must.
- Ability to make decisions guided and based on policies, practices, procedures and business plans
- Ability to work independently; receives minimal guidance to navigate day-to-day work and deliverables
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or a related field preferred but not required
- Master’s degree a plus but not required
- PHR/SPHR professional designation a plus but not required
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.