The Operational Excellence team in Magic Leap is looking for a motivated and committed Operational Excellence Engineer. The person will be responsible to drive continuous improvement activities using best in class manufacturing practices, six sigma and lean manufacturing methodology in a cleanroom type manufacturing environment.
- Helps others to see problems within the process and develops/ empowers people to solve problems that result in high value results and commitment to process improvement
- Facilitate Kaizen teams across the plant
- Responsible for the planning and execution of operational excellence related activities such as: 6S (5S + Safety), Standard Work, and Problem Solving
- Will be a coach for operators and supervisors on Lean Six Sigma implementation
- Responsible for project management including communication, implementation, cost/benefit analysis, and resource allocation
- Effectively work cross functionally with all departments
- Track and report team progress through KPI metrics and presentations
- Analyze Data coming from the tools to develop Predictive Maintenance, Control Critical parameters coming from the tool to assess control Line Performance
- Model Manufacturing Line in terms of Cycle Time, Operator assignment, Flow, Yield effect, OEE and Kanban calculations.
- Perform complex root cause analysis including Multi Factorial DOE, t-test, ANOVA, Correlation, Ishikawa diagram.
- Define the optimal signals logic flow between complex automation systems to ensure best in class flow of product through highly automated line
- Ability to lead Complex and Cross Functional Lean Six Sigma Activities
- Ability to Lead culture change across multiple department of the organization
- Ability to deploy Business Process across multiple department of the Organization
- A positive self-starter who can train, coach, evaluate and reinforce continuous improvement across all levels within the company
- Ability to manage and track multiple projects simultaneously and adjust priorities to meet changing business needs
- Demonstrates high energy, professional confidence and the ability to drive results
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently or with a team
- Must have excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Must demonstrate independent problem solving skills
- MS Suite
- Ability to travel when needed to other facilities
- Minimum 8-year of experience as a Manufacturing Engineer or equivalent
- Lean and Six Sigma Tools demonstrated application
- Bachelors degree in Industrial engineering or equivalent
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. In addition to salary, Magic Leap offers a discretionary bonus, equity, and a fully comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
US Base Salary Range