Our company vision is to amplify human potential. Our mission is to deliver enterprise a powerful tool for transformation—an augmented reality platform of great utility and simplicity. Achieving our goals requires passion and dedication. That’s why we’re committed to building and empowering a diverse team of incredibly talented people and fostering an inclusive culture through our values of unity, innovation, and user centricity.
In this position you will be a member of the Eyepiece Process R&D team and will be heavily involved in process R&D, prototyping and materials engineering. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing high precision prototype parts by programming, setting up, and operating tools and equipment; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping process records; maintaining equipment and supplies; evaluating and implementing new and existing processes and materials in R&D and manufacturing environments. Candidates must be highly innovative, and enjoy working in a dynamic and creative environment within a multidisciplinary team.
- Owns and develops eyepiece R&D processes, tools and materials focused on the prototyping and testing of AR eyepieces and components.
- Tests materials, process and tooling through high precision measurement, often working and creating the measurement process, fixture, and program alongside the primary process using statistical evaluation of experiments and data-driven analysis.
- Writes reports to help make design and process decisions.
- Fabricates small and medium quantities of prototype assemblies, often working with technicians.
- Benchmarks other industry processes. Develops, implements and refines prototype manufacturing processes on preliminary manufacturing and process equipment.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and initiating repairs.
- Creates and maintains specifications and documentation for processes developed and utilized.
- Works onsite at R&D facility and inside cleanroom environment a majority of time.
- Materials science especially related to coatings, adhesives and bonding processes relevant to optics with fundamental knowledge of optics, photonics, optical engineering/science.
- Manufacturing or prototyping process for VR/AR/MR devices or similar (ie, mobile phones, displays, circuit boards, etc.) especially application of polymers, inks or other light-absorbing materials to substrate edges and/or face related to optical contrast enhancement materials in optical systems.
- Semiconductor, micro/nano-fabrication and/or metrology testing (especially materials testing, optical contrast testing, optical and/or SEM microscopy).
- Data management & reporting.
- JMP and/or JMP scripts (or similar), especially applied to evaluating, comparing and analyzing data to drive next-step decisions for experiments, process or materials improvements, DOEs, etc.
- Protective film application and packaging of optical components, including prototype setups for automated and/or semi-automated systems.
- Transition and hand-off between R&D prototypes and high-volume manufacturing.
- Providing input for manufacturing equipment design at both prototyping and volume manufacturing level.
- B.S. or M.S. in engineering (mechanical, optical, industrial, manufacturing, materials, etc.) with 1-3 years industry experience OR Ph.D. with 0-1 years experience.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.