This leader will drive the rapid acceleration of our global partner organization, provide leadership for collaborative, high-performing alliances and partner sales organizations, and achieve revenue objectives with appropriate growth initiatives. The position can be based anywhere in the United States.
You will work jointly with the Magic Leap leadership team to develop and implement win-win partner programs, sales processes, go-to-market strategies, and business development initiatives that generate revenue incremental to the company’s sales channels. Specifically, you must identify and develop partnerships and strategic alliances optimized for exceptional revenue growth across Magic Leap’s products and services.
Lead the effective collaboration of “deal level” tactics between sales and partners at both new and existing customers to drive new logos & influence revenue. Create and communicate global direct & channel sales teams’ mappings and ensure that teams work together on the front line to identify, penetrate, and close large complex enterprise deals. Participate directly in the sales cycle for key ‘must win’ opportunities and facilitate co-sell opportunities.
Build and drive joint strategy and business plans for Global Partners by segment and geography that includes compelling joint value propositions and clearly defined go-to-market initiatives with key sponsors, milestones, and progress tracking metrics.
- Define and implement a global strategy for channel sales
- Maintain active lead management and sales funnel activity with global partners.
- Play a hands-on role with the channel sales organization, maintaining a personal presence and high visibility in the field and directly participating in customer sales cycles in key markets and accounts.
- Identifying areas for innovation and process improvement in all aspects of channel sales management, including developing reseller compensation plans, ensuring quality customer presentations, and implementing new strategies and tactics.
- The ideal candidate will have 15+ plus years of prior sales & leadership experience driving partner revenue and growth through channel partners.
- Must be a team player who is goal-oriented and confident, with aptitude and desire to build a high-performing dispersed team. This individual must demonstrate an ability to get things done, build consensus, resolve conflict, and solve tough business problems, working in concert with others.
- Outstanding track record of consistently meeting/exceeding revenue and corporate objectives.
- Skilled at business planning and securing field sales, channel sales, and partner sales leadership commitment to the plan. Ability to articulate a clear vision of the future state, outline the steps required to get there, and secure the commitment of senior management to meet quarterly objectives (revenue, demand generation, and enablement). Diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate resolutions.
- Strong capabilities in building and executing channel strategies by segment and geography, creating and presenting sales plans, setting milestones, measuring performance, and being accountable for results to executive management.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills: the ability to obtain results in an organization that he/she does not control.
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. You will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a mature executive presence.
- A collaborative, self-directed leader with the ability to effectively build relationships and display confidence in his or her intentions and those of the organization.
- The successful candidate will be adaptable and flexible, able to work and thrive in an environment that is evolving and constantly changing.
- 25% to 50% travel required.
- BS or BA in a relevant field, other relevant degrees, or equivalent work experience will be valued.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.