In this role you will be responsible for the highest level discipline-specific contribution on product development projects of unprecedented difficulty. You will direct and coordinate activities involved in design, fabrication, operation, application, testing, and production. You will perform the most advanced engineering work and direct principal and lead-level engineers on major projects. In this role you will apply extremely complex engineering principles developing, testing and modifying designs. You will work cross functionally with discipline-specific development teams to identify technical requirements, scope, features, and risks. You will be responsible for translating customer and regulatory requirements into technical product requirements.
- Develop and maintain technical roadmaps, including evaluation of new technologies and solutions relevant to AR space.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on architecture and development issues for executive management.
- Manage multiple concurrent engineering projects, including scheduling, budgeting, and resource allocation.
- Lead a team of over 40 engineers, managers and testers of varying levels to build out new platforms and solutions in the AR space.
- Work collaboratively with business leadership to define and execute goals, strategies, and vision.
- Establish and monitor development processes to ensure the delivery of high-quality products and solutions.
- Define and implement product development platforms and processes.
- Build and develop the capabilities of the development team through resource analysis, hiring, mentoring, and training.
- Support solutioning and responses to RFPs and MSAs as required.
- Define program solutions and deliver products on time and within budget.
- Meet and present with clients' boards of directors, SLT, as needed to introduce and implement solutions.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in developing products solutions preferable in the virtual reality or augmented reality space.
- Proven successful track of team building and leadership skills.
Willingness to travel internationally to enhance supplier relations.
Experience in developing advanced analytics solutions is desired.
At least 8 years of experience in a leadership role managing and building teams of 30 or more engineers.
Strong task planning and project coordination skills.
Comfortable working in a fast-paced product development environment.
Experience in building and supporting manufactured products in either the industrial or consumer markets.
Experience in developing virtual reality (VR) or augmented reality (AR) platforms and products for either enterprise or consumer markets.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, with a preference for a Master's degree or above.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. In addition to salary, Magic Leap offers a discretionary bonus, equity, and a fully comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
US Base Salary Range