Magic Leap is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join the Systems Engineering, Test and Integration team. We are a multidisciplinary team, so this candidate should feel comfortable working alongside software, electrical, robotics, computer vision, and mechanical engineers. This engineer should be a self-starter with a knack for delivering efficient solutions that quickly solve the problem at hand. The main focus of this role will be to develop hardware and software prototypes to test existing or new features of our products. This role requires you to be physically located near Plantation, Florida
- Design and develop experimental systems (hardware and software) that exercise and test the functionality of complex electro-optical-sensing devices with complex human interfaces.
- Hands-on interdisciplinary rapid prototyping of robotic systems, embedded electrical, optical, mechanical, sensor, control systems, and high-fidelity proof-of-concept test beds.
- Design, build and maintain experimental setups.
- Identify and source equipment needed to measure sensor, display, optical, electrical, and mechanical properties of prototypes and demonstration units.
- Configure and maintain the Systems Test and Integration lab space.
- Specify automated hardware and software tests for key product functions.
- Design and conduct experiments on prototypes and sub-systems and analyze data.
- Strong background in test design and automation.
- Proven experience with Python, C++
- Proven experience in electronic rapid prototyping and programming (Arduino, Raspberry Pi and other development board programming)
- Proven experience in mechanical rapid prototyping (3d print and other rapid prototyping techniques)
- Proven experience with mechanical and electrical CAD design software (Solidworks, OnShape, Creo, etc)
- Proven experience with electronic development and test equipment (debuggers, emulators, oscilloscopes, logic and spectrum analyzers, etc)
- Knowledge of Computer Vision methodologies
- Proven experience in robotics and control systems
- Self-directed, energetic, proactive, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be confident in a highly dynamic and creative environment
- Ability to rapidly learn new computer languages and systems
- Must have a large portfolio of hardware and software builds
Qualifications: (Nice to have)
- Experience building cables, connectorizing systems
- Experience, soldering, wiring, and assembling components on PCBs
- Familiarity with passive and opto-electronic devices such as diode lasers, LEDs, LCD multiplexers, couplers and display technologies is a plus
- Working knowledge of the complexities of a Mixed Reality system
- Comfortable with Scrum
- B.S in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent engineering degree) plus 5 or more years of working experience or similar industry experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.