In this role, you will have responsibility for the development and implementation of product quality management efforts to manufacture and scale one of the most innovative products in the world today. In this highly visible and highly hands-on role, you will enjoy the key decision-making combined with the on-site hands-on problem-solving on site and at contract manufacturer sites. Strong ownership, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential to succeed in this role.
This role is based at our HQ facility in Plantation, FL.
- Generate Product Quality Plan (PQP). Develop Quality Sampling methodologies at component and assembly levels.
- Establish Outgoing Quality Control (OQC) and Incoming Quality Control (IQC) and In Process Quality Control (PQC) processes.
- Serve as an escalation point for quality issues through development builds, and mass production. Lead the team in critical FA/CA on Mass Production blocker issues coming from quality audits.
- Support Engineering and NPI teams during the product development period.
- Conduct periodic reviews of Field/Factory Quality Data with CM partners.
- Prepare FAI documentation for development builds and new product launch
- Support/Attend new product development builds
- Communicate project status updates to various project stakeholders, including team members and executives within Magic Leap and contract manufacturers.
- Manage and work with design and engineering teams to map out process development exercises, secure resources, secure FA in order to improve yield, and commit to schedules in line with program goals.
- Lead in process capability assessment activities for new products/processes, and provide input back into various cross-functional teams.
- Facilitating the inputs from cross-functional teams for Ok-to-Ship
- Statistical data analysis to provide a risk assessment of system quality issues
- Providing design and processing input to improve product quality
- Working closely with contract manufacturing partners to understand and resolve product quality-related issues
- Managing cross-functionally with many different teams to resolve reliability escalations.
- Communicate quality updates to executives and senior management.
- Creative problem-solving experience.
- Effective communication skills - verbal, written, and presentations.
- Ability to easily present complex situations/data and articulate effectively to executives.
- Hands-on experience in developing product quality plans and quality audits,
- Hands-on experience in driving failure analysis and corrective actions and efforts.
- A thorough understanding of product development procedures, electronic manufacturing, and qualification processes, and experience in mechanical, optical, electrical commodities is required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt, Advanced Quality Planning, problem-solving techniques, and other quality systems
- Finance/business background is a strong plus (understand cost drivers and ability to derive costs associated with managing quality)
- Dynamic and “can do” attitude individual with the desire to work with a great team and product
- Ability to operate and basic programming of OMM and electronic microscope systems.
- This position requires occasional travel to contract manufacturing sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, or related discipline with minimum 10+ years of experience working in high-tech consumer electronics product or manufacturing roles with demonstrated record of achievement in required responsibilities
- BS degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.