Sensor and display calibration is a critical component of augmented reality systems. In this job, you will be designing, implementing and analyzing results of online calibration algorithms.The candidate must have some experience in computer vision with exposure in at least one of the following areas:
- Sensor calibration: Design and implement algorithms for online and offline calibration of complex devices composed of several sensors, cameras, IMUs, depth sensors and imagers. Collaborate with other engineers on the design and deployment of a calibration process targeted for factory production.
- Visual-Inertial pose tracking: Design and implement advanced algorithms for estimating the 3D pose of a head-mounted device by optimally fusing visual and inertial measurements collected from multiple cameras and IMUs.
- SLAM or photogrammetry: Design and implement advanced algorithms for reconstructing 3D models of large scale environments using visual information or depth data.
- Develop state-of-the-art calibration methods
- Write new code, use pre-existing code
- Simulate algorithms
- Analyze experimental results
- Give recommendations on best-known practices
- Make technical choices based on quantitative metrics
- Support calibration needs across all Magic Leap departments
- Enjoy the flawless support of your colleagues and provide the same
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ (5 + yrs)
- Experience in numerical analysis, computational geometry
- Experience in at least one out of 3D vision, robotics, control, or state estimation
- Experience in bundle adjustment and/or joint optimization is a big plus
- Experience with git or other version control software is a plus
- Masters in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Physics
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Physics preferred
- Outstanding candidates with BS in EE, CS or physics will be considered
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines