Assists engineers and scientists with research and development; Rapidly prototyping systems based on design and engineering requirements; Applies engineering principles, testing and modifying designs; Troubleshoots technical problems; Designs tests, calibrates components, operates equipment, collects data measurements, creates and modifies prototypes; Analyzes data and authors technical reports; Work on various products measurement activities; User interface testing, displays, cameras, sensors; Sets up automated test labs, robotic automation and production testing.
- Supports engineering activities involved in design, fabrication, operation, application, testing, and production.
- Hands-on contributor capable of assisting engineers through various stages of design, development and product maturity by performing rapid prototyping, reworking, or performing test and metrology measurements.
- Execute test plans per plan, record and organize data, provide feedback, collect materials and participate on various stages of issues root cause and its corrective action activities.
- Maintains proper operational state of all mechanical labs and equipment. Examples may include 3D printers, Smartscopes, Instron, Prototyping fixtures / equipment, Calibration equipment, etc.
- Successfully follow and execute on multiple mechanical instructions (drawings, assembly manuals, verbal instructions) with minimum high-level direction.
- Building rapid prototypes fixtures based on design and engineering requirements from 3D CAD (Pro-E Creo). Light design of such highly desirable.
- Participate in technical meetings as required to resolve technical issues. Plan for and procure required materials, equipment, etc. to support activities.
- Applies engineering theory and practical knowledge at technician level, under direction of engineering staff. Actively participate in various stages of root cause / corrective action activities.
- Perform teardown visual inspection of assemblies and assembly components and identify nonconforming parts against specs. Prepare appropriate documentation of findings for engineering review.
- Assemble precision optomechanical components into mechanical assembly with high tolerance accuracy and measure operational performance against its spec limits.
- Perform component level measurements utilizing Smart Scopes, Instron, Calipers and other lab measurement equipment. Experience in operation of Coordinate Measurement or Optical Measurement machines (OMM & CMM) preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence; Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry is preferred; Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Demonstrate relevant experience supporting projects as a hands-on contributor using technical skills to complete engineering projects.
- Capable of developing concepts for fixtures, calibration equipment, or production components using 3D CAD (ie Solid Works) which meet the product requirements.
- Able to support design, fabrication and building of calibration apparatus and equipment, and development of methods and procedures for testing products or systems.
- Uses computer-based data acquisition and processing; Has a working knowledge of statistics for data characterization and hypothesis testing.
- A minimum of 3yr of technical/vocational industry experience required; Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school highly preferred.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.