Reporting directly to the Chief Transformation and People Officer, the Vice President of People is responsible to ensure the success of a company and its HR department by developing and promoting effective HR strategies as well as directly reporting on them to the company’s executive team.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have experience across all areas of human resources/people, exceptional leadership, management, strategic-thinking and problem-solving skills. In addition to that, you must also have a strong background in HR for Tech companies, with an extensive experience leading people and operations
- Collaborating with senior management for crafting the organization’s vision and crafting the organization human resources/people vision and strategy
- Developing strategic HR policies and plans (e.g. recruitment, compensation, performance, employee experiences, DE&I etc.)
- Support the CEO and Executive Leadership Team with the hiring, coaching, and overall performance evaluation process of the company's executives
- Working hand-in-hand with executives leaders to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity, engagement, and retention
- Providing employee relations support, guidance and direction to the business leaders and other employees
- Reporting performance to the executive team by using KPIs and business metrics
- Responsible for analyzing HR operations and people analytics and implementing enhancements to process, programs, etc as necessary to ensure the organizations maximum efficiency and effectiveness. Drive success of HR operations and people analytics
- Analyzing trends and metrics in partnership with the HR Centers of Excellence (“COEs”) to develop solutions, programs, and policies
- Support the COE in developing solutions and programs based on the overall needs of the organization and its employees
- Ensuring all procedures are in compliance with legal regulations
- Applying relevant laws, policies and past practice to reach conclusions, and recommend management actions. Partnering with Legal Counsel, Internal Audit, and other investigative bodies, as necessaryProviding guidance and input on business unit restructuring, workforce planning, and managing the succession planning process
- Providing expertise and case management of ER issues from initial intake to resolution, received from through any intake channel including managers and other employees and, when appropriate, conducting investigations by gathering and
- Maintain required documentation, including intake and investigative notes, supporting documents and final reports.
- Re-engineering processes for ensuring maximum efficiency
- Assuming responsibility for employee/labor relations with the management
- Taking initiatives for ensuring equality in the work environment.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Experience working day-to-day with commercial, ecosystem, product and engineering teams in a HR leader capacity and being seen as key member of the company and the executive leadership team
- Experience with ERP software (e.g. SAP) and MS Office, especially Excel
- Expert in people operations, analytics and data and preferred experience from a technology company
- Experience direct or indirectly managing COE program roll-out and initiatives in support of the overall business strategy and goals
- Excellent communication and people management skills. Comfortable working and presenting to executive boards in a quarterly cadence
- Managing and presenting to a compensation committee and a leading a 401K committee
- Able to see the “big picture” and design, build, and execute on strategic plans in furtherance of achieving companywide objectives.
- Minimum of 10+ years experience partnering and influencing senior leadership, including executives
- Minimum 10+ years of managing HR/People Teams across multiple areas of HR at a Corporate level
- Broad HR Generalist knowledge and high-level knowledge of relevant employment law, e.g., Title VII, FLSA (EPA), ADEA, ADA, FMLA, GINA, and relative state and local laws throughout the United States but particularly Florida, California, Texas, and Washington.
- Demonstrated knowledge of managing complex and high risk employee relations matters
- Demonstrated ability to navigate successfully within ambiguity, multiple priorities, and constantly changing scenarios. Experience working in a high volume, fast-paced environment is a must.
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, practices, procedures and business plan
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve delivery of services. Preference for someone who has had experience working with a start-up operation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or a related field preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- PHR/SPHR professional designation preferred.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.