Magic Leap is looking to expand its Graphics and Rendering team, and we are looking for exceptionally talented senior programmers who are ready for a challenge to help in the development of our spatial and split computing framework targeting solutions such as remote rendering for example.
- Architect, refactor and maintain pipelines and features
- Design, write, debug and refine rendering systems, features, tools and infrastructure as needed
- Work with other engineers in developing applications and samples to show case proof of work
- Evaluate and understand the intentions of the projects, document development needs and assess technical feasibility
- Analyze existing functionality in the existing solutions and see if they are in line with intentions
- Suggest improvements whenever necessary by designing and implementing new systems
- Collaborate with other teams to establish constraints and communicate the technical possibilities of the various needs
- Validate the performance by automating kpi and setup test cases
- Optimize whenever necessary
- Suggest innovations
- Identify and triage bugs
- Document work, create technical documentation as needed
- Contribute to department best practices and guidelines
- Provide realistic task estimations
- Advanced understanding in C++
- A good understanding of computer graphics, 3d engines and 3d technology principles
- An advanced understanding of 3d platforms and the requirements needed to develop software on them
- Good experience in OpenGL or Vulkan and ability to write shaders.
- Strong computer science and 3D maths background
- Understand Latency sensitive issues in the display pipeline.
- Understand 6dof motion to photon issues.
- A demonstrable willingness to develop software engineering process and application production skills
- Ability to do task breakdown and write documentation
- Custom engine development experience is an advantage
- Experience with networking technologies such as socket programming is a huge bonus
- Experience with Video codecs such as HVEC, H.264, VP8/9 is an advantage
- Experience writing highly optimal code for power constrained systems such as Mobile devices
- AR/VR or spatial computing development experience
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, or a related technical field
- 5 years+ graphics & rendering experience
- Be proactive and able to help with ad-hoc problem solving
- Must be a team player and know how to operate in a cross-team environment
- An avid enthusiast for spatial computing and 3d technologies
- Experience communicating the use of 3d engines and their scripting component framework both verbally and in written form
- Must have high attention to detail and extremely high bar for the quality of work
- Able to work in research oriented topics
- Must be organized and able to context switch between multiple projects
- Research, communicate and anticipate business and product needs in the relevant field
- Must have great time management skills to perform in a busy work environment.
- Exceptional communications skills
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.