As Counsel, Product at Magic Leap, you will work on a broad range of product development issues to support our product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams from start to finish. You will report directly to our Sr. Counsel, Product & Privacy.
- Work with and actively engage cross-functional teams, including product, engineering, business development, security, tax, logistics, finance, sales, and marketing teams, to intelligently evaluate risk in connection with products throughout the entire lifecycle.
- Advise on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development and sales in the technology space, including with respect to hardware, software, cloud, marketing, and e-commerce issues, both domestic and international.
- Supervise legal review of products pre-launch, and monitor continued compliance post-launch.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant industry, consumer protection, and commercial laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound advice.
- Work closely with a cross-functional Magic Leap internal team as well as local counsel as needed to assess requirements for launching products into new international markets.
- Provide ideas and insights into how the company can work within the law to build fantastic products for its customers.
- At least 3 years of legal experience working in an AM Law 100 law firm and/or in-house as an attorney providing guidance on issues related to product development.
- J.D. from an American Bar Association-accredited law school, membership in at least one recognized bar, and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law in-house.
- Familiarity with launching products and advising on the legal aspects of product development in the technology space.
- An innovative and effective approach to solve complex legal issues in order to support strategic business initiatives.
- Ability to translate legal advice into actionable guidance for product and business teams.
- Comfortable independently making legal risk assessments and judgment calls commensurate with experience level.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage a diverse workload, and meet deadlines within a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Attention to detail and strong organizational skills are required.
- A high level of professionalism, outstanding business judgment, and superior legal analytical skills.
- Familiarity with licensing and technology transactions.
- Enthusiasm for/early adoption of new technologies.
- Familiarity with the following areas: consumer protection, import/export, advertising, e-commerce, content moderation and/or customer support and related issues.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.