The Strategy & Corporate Development Manager is reporting directly to the Managing Director, ML Horizons, and will lead and support a vast and varied responsibilities across the ML Horizons team, Magic Leap’s dedicated unit focusing on its Defense and Public Sector business. Reporting to the Managing Director of ML Horizons, this person will be a key member of the ML Horizons leadership team, and trusted advisor for the MD. This is a highly visible role within ML Horizons and Magic Leap, working with very senior individuals with the potential to drive large impact across the commercial organization.
The Strategy & Corporate Development Manager will help shape the strategic direction of the company by working on a variety of exciting, impact-driven projects teaming with senior members across the whole organization. The Strategy & Corporate Development Manager will also support ML Horizons driving our strategic definition and planning process (e.g., by helping business leaders prepare for quarterly and annual business reviews), conduct external research to establish benchmarks and best practices, and work closely with our leadership team to identify new business and market opportunities and execute on key strategic projects. The ideal candidate should be driven, structured, analytical - someone who can see the big picture while doesn’t shy away getting their hands dirty in the operating room. This role will have high visibility across Magic Leap’s most important initiatives and in an exciting, fast-growing, dynamic business environment.
Locations: Florida, California, Texas or Washington D.C
- Structure ambiguous problems and partner with ML Horizons leadership to find workable solutions to those problems
- Partner with the leaders across the organization to use data and insights to make informed judgments.
- Work on and steer large, cross-functional projects and build consensus with senior leadership across the organization.
- Identify and evaluate key strategic initiatives and develop implementation plans and/or market- entry/exit plans for ML Horizons
- Support in business development activities of ML Horizons, by performing market analysis and develop detailed / bottoms up business plans
- Perform competitive analysis and identify current best practices and market leaders
- Create cohesive, compelling and fact-based presentations and analyses.
- Lead internal initiatives that span across the whole organization
- Develop analytical models to ensure data-driven decision making
- 3-5+ years of experience in consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture capital or tech start-up in strategy / corporate development / business operations - related roles
- Prior military experience and familiarity with Defense use cases is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment.
- Experience in driving alignment and decision making across senior leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including meeting facilitation and high-stakes presentations
- Knowledge of the AR/VR/MR industry is a plus.
- Travel across offices as needed (estimated 15%).
- BA / BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
This position may have access to ITAR controlled technical data, or material placed under a security classification or similar restriction by the US Government. As such, this position will require a US Person as defined in the ITAR, and may require the successful completion of a background check for a US Department of Defense security clearance.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.