You will join a stimulating, fast-paced environment to contribute in the design and implementation of an embedded audio processing subsystem for Magic Leap’s next-generation mobile computing platform.
- Implement and optimize audio algorithm on customized DSPs and microcontrollers, using C/C++
- Technical evaluation and system integration of 3rd-party technologies.
- Participate in the generation of requirements and test protocols.
- Actively participate in code reviews and design reviews.
- Contribute to failure analysis to understand where hardware and software can fail and how we can mitigate these risks.
- Interact with platform hardware engineers, stack developers, algorithm engineers, application engineers, QA engineers on a regular basis to ensure requirements and specifications are being met.
- Document the design of your software and participate in the formal release of documentation.
- A go-getter, willing to learn about the latest in the high-tech and develop world class product features.
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing complex real-time systems and firmware development using C/C++ for embedded processors and DSPs
- Solid C/C++ programming skills and able to understand and debug heavily-threaded code.
- Experience with fixed-point arithmetic
- Experience in MATLAB modeling, programming DSP, SIMD, VLIW, and Vector processors
- Familiarity with code profiling and optimization techniques and performing low-level SW optimization at instruction level by loop optimization, vectorization, pipelining, data layout re-organization and cache/memory management.
- Experience in real-time operating systems like FreeRTOS, VxWorks, XOS or Linux.
- Experience in inter-processor communication, GPIO configurations, interrupt handling, DMAs, Timers etc.
- Experience with real-time debuggers like J-Tags, Oscilloscopes and Signal analyzers.
- Working knowledge of protocols like, I2S, I2C, SPI, UART/USART etc.
- Theoretical knowledge in the field of audio/speech signal processing, microphones and speakers processing, audio amplifiers
- Familiarity with innovative audio signal processing technology, including spatial audio rendering, transducer fidelity enhancement, or microphone array and speech signal enhancement.
- Working knowledge of audio, acoustics, and psychoacoustics.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, proactive with demonstrated creative & critical thinking skills
- Ability to operate autonomously, with only high-level direction
- Experience with authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Experience with technical publication and patent application/prosecution.
- Experience working in the consumer electronics field
- BA/BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is required
- MS is preferred.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.