Magic Leap is looking for a Web Producer to create and oversee content and editorial operations for all of Magic Leap’s digital content.
As Web Producer, you act as a brand ambassador, partnering with partners and customers in the industry, while also managing the brands' narratives and overseeing/steering/leading/guiding the editorial direction and execution for the portfolio of Magic Leap sites.
You will be responsible for defining and managing the editorial process for internal and external content, improving both the process and the content experience. As a leader of this space, you will dive deep into the experience from both a product and customer perspective, effectively represent business requirements, and you will manage changes that are associated with ongoing improvements. Stakeholders include engineering teams, support, marketing, design, product and business leaders. To succeed, you will have technical and functional acumen as well as a passion for ownership.
You own the optimization strategy and are accountable for delivering on projects in partnership with content producers throughout the company. You collaborate with other teams on shared goals and efforts, and you consistently raise the bar for content, style, and technical quality.
The ideal candidate thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has a strong background in technical writing, editing, and developing training and technical content. You will have experience editing in-depth content for technical products, and you will have experience driving consistency and unity across multiple content deliverables. You will have a strong understanding of customer needs and experience advocating on behalf of customers. When working with technical writers, content developers, subject matter experts, and stakeholders, you will use the editorial process to deliver high-quality content and an efficient, end-to-end publishing experience. This role focuses on developmental editing, mentoring and coaching, and evaluating customer-facing and internal content. You will play a significant role in the training and development of a successful and effective writing team.
- Working with internal product, technology, marketing, sales and operations teams to advance opportunities for audience and business growth
- Articulating a vision of what Magic Leap’s digital properties should be, then creating and executing the content strategy that helps us realize that vision
- Ensuring the quality, creativity, relevance and and thoughtfulness of all editorial work
- Increasing the efficiency of Magic Leap’s content workflow and publishing processes
- Conducting analyses of strategies, tactics and best practices from best-in-class digital publishing organizations and guiding the future of Magic Leap’s publishing roadmap.
- Supervise visual layout of content
- Regularly check and track content for accuracy
- Edit, proofread and suggest improvements to written content
- Comply with copyright and privacy regulations
- Determine and track important KPIs
- Create, produce and manage high-quality content
- Is an outstanding strategist and structured thinker
- Has excellent editorial judgment
- Is a seasoned manager able to deliver results working with a wide variety of teams and personalities
- Loves learning new technologies, tools and techniques
- Has strong, relevant experience managing editorial and group budgets
- Is comfortable with and experienced in the fundamentals of SEO, social media strategy, content marketing, and email newsletters
- Experience with information architecture
- Experience developing and implementing style guides across a multi-contributor team
- Experienced using data to drive improvements in content quality
- Experience with cloud-based technologies and services
- 5+ years of developmental and copy-editing experience with highly technical developer documentation or engineering product definition.
- 3+ years of developing and upholding editorial standards across teams and domains
- 3+ years of coaching and mentoring technical writers
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work or military experience.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.