PhD and Masters University Grad Position-Vision Science
Our company vision is to amplify human potential. Our mission is to deliver enterprise a powerful tool for transformation—an augmented reality platform of great utility and simplicity. Achieving our goals requires passion and dedication. That’s why we’re committed to building and empowering a diverse team of incredibly talented people and fostering an inclusive culture through our values of unity, innovation, and user centricity.
Magic Leap is looking for PhD and Masters students to join our team for a 3 month Summer Program for Underrepresented Students in Engineering. In partnership with STEM departments at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs), Women In Engineering Institutions, and broader universities we are committed to empowering and elevating diversity of thought, experience, and background in our workforce and in our pipeline of future researchers!
The Quantified Experience (QX) team is seeking a recent grad PhD in human vision science. Throughout your time here you will be investigating the perceptual and experiential consequences of technical trade-offs in augmented reality and spatial computing, and providing direction for technical innovations. We would love for you to have a good understanding of psychophysics and research methods for measuring subjective visual experiences.
The QX team provides subject matter expertise on a variety of topics related to human vision ranging from the physiology of the visual system to visual perception. It informs leadership and other teams on perceptual best practices and works closely with other departments such Systems, Optical Engineering, Health Care, Human Factors and UX/UI teams. We’d really love to talk if you’re a creative, energetic team player who excels in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
You will need to go into our office regularly in Plantation, Florida. (Near Miami/Ft. Lauderdale)
- Conduct research in collaboration with other vision scientists from hypothesis to delivery using scientific methods.
- Collaborate with other Magic Leap teams to explore perceptual factors, define engineering and design specifications, and make recommendations for visual perception in spatial computing
- Identify perceptual challenges and opportunities for leveraging the human visual system
- Code software for experiments and proctor studies.
- Experience with psychophysical and other psychological research methods
- Critical thinking and analytic problem solving skills and working knowledge of statistics for behavioral sciences.
- Ability to adapt quickly and get up-to-speed on new technologies.
- Profound knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Matlab, C/C++, Python
- Experience with Unity, Unreal or OpenGL is a plus
- Experience with Matlab Psychtoolbox is a plus
- Ability to summarize research findings in a meaningful way for colleagues outside QX.
- PhD in human vision science or a related research area.