PhD and Masters University Grad Position- Perception
Our company vision is to amplify human potential. Our mission is to deliver enterprise a powerful tool for transformation—an augmented reality platform of great utility and simplicity. Achieving our goals requires passion and dedication. That’s why we’re committed to building and empowering a diverse team of incredibly talented people and fostering an inclusive culture through our values of unity, innovation, and user centricity.
Magic Leap is looking for PhD and Masters students to join our team for a 3 month Summer Program for Underrepresented Students in Engineering. In partnership with STEM departments at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs), Women In Engineering Institutions, and broader universities we are committed to empowering and elevating diversity of thought, experience, and background in our workforce and in our pipeline of future researchers!
The Perception team in Magic Leap is building the perceptual algorithms for the future Augmented Reality (AR). We are looking for strong researchers and engineers with exceptional research and development skills in 3D computer vision and deep learning for summer internship. Throughout your time here you will get the chance to conduct research and development on advanced perception components within the agreed upon scope and schedule with the mentor(s). We’d love to talk to you if you are driven self-starters, robust thinkers, strong collaborators, and adept at operating in a highly dynamic environment. You should be passionate about our product and celebrate our values.
- Conduct independent research and development work on advanced computer vision and deep learning components and work with full-time engineers who would mentor them.
- Work hand-in-hand with all the key stakeholders and developers across the company contributing to computer vision and deep learning components.
- Write maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test-driven principles to develop high-quality computer vision, 3D geometry, and deep learning modules.
- Take the research to productization and deployment working with full-time engineers in the team.
- Knowledge in computer vision, 3D geometry, and/or deep learning techniques and applications in one of the following domains:
- Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM)
- Visual-Inertial Odometry (VIO)
- Camera calibration
- Dense environment mapping
- Eye tracking
- Semantics and scene understanding
- Scene segmentation
- Object detection and tracking
- Hand pose estimation, reconstruction, tracking and gesture understanding
- Large scale localization
- Deep learning model optimizations to run over embedded platforms and on the cloud.
- Multi-task learning and deep model compressions
- Knowledge of deep learning techniques such as CNN, RNN, LSTM, and GAN.
- Knowledge in 3D geometry, bundle adjustment, optimization techniques, visual inertial odometry.
- Proficiency in Python, Matlab, C, and/or C++
- Experience of using at least one of deep learning libraries, such as TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- Working on a Masters or Ph.D. thesis.