We are seeking a creative and collaborative interaction designer that demonstrates the ability to create compelling visual experiences and aid in interface design. This work will be concentrated around experiences centered around the health and wellness industry that requires clinical user research and workflow analysis. The candidate should be comfortable working in an R&D environment where prototyping is a part of their day to day routine and collaborate comfortably with Engineers, Project Managers, System Designers, Product Leads and Clinical Researchers. The candidate should have experience in front-end interaction design and excited to solve next-generation design problems beyond existing computing paradigms.
- Collaborate with Health R&D, Systems Design, Clinical Research, and Product Leads to conceptualize and design experiences for the health and wellness industry.
- Conduct design research, initiate ideas, develop concepts, and translate them into intuitive interfaces and user experiences for prototypes and full end-to-end application development and product development.
- Build design concepts by understanding user input and generating visual mock-ups, wireframes, style templates, user flows, storyboards, requirements, and task analysis.
- Constantly iterate design concepts through user studies and experience testing on mixed reality devices.
- Work closely with application developers to develop prototypes and interactions using the mixed reality platform.
- Work closely with designers and engineers to ensure quality design, development, and implementation of health applications under medical device design controls.
- Be a user centric advocate throughout the entire design and development process.
- Follow usability processes when designing and encourage adherence within the team, communicating with stakeholders through the design of interactions and applications and ensuring user needs are met.
- Work with and support external companies by sharing design best practices, improving UX/UI and overall product.
- 5+ years of relevant professional and creative experience.
- Strong design methodology, experience in delivering high quality design work, and working with time/technical constraints amongst ever changing priorities and stakeholders.
- Strong system level problem-solving skills; thinking beyond the immediate need and looking at the end to end interaction paradigm. Ability to experiment and evaluate quickly and incorporate lessons learned for the next design iteration.
- Demonstrated ability to frame, architect, and generate the interaction experiences on a user facing platform and application of experience design to spatial computing. Prior work with spatial computing or virtual reality is a plus.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills and highly collaborative; inclusive in interaction design methodology.
- Team player capable of working well with others and leveraging other people’s skills and strengths to deliver on deadlines in a timely manner. Comfortable working with development teams a plus.
- Ability to create compelling visuals and styles while merging with interaction paradigms in a 3D environment, as well as combining analytical problem solving and graphic design.
- Strong interactions design mentality and intuition for game mechanics and game flow.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Experience with 3D CAD/Surface software (Blender, 3DS Max) or similar is a plus.
- Experience with Figma or similar is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Unity game engine, front-end software development, 3D data visualization, and prototyping is a plus.
- Experience with FDA design controls, medical device design regulations is a plus.
BS/BA in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or another related field.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines