The Voice of the Customer (VoC) team will be responsible in ensuring that the needs and desires of our customers and partners are represented across the whole Magic Leap organization. The VOC team is responsible for conducting customer research and generating customer insights. It is a crucial function that will work closely with the business, product, design and engineering teams to drive customer-centric decisions and ensure there is a clear feedback loop.
The AR technologist, Manager, will be responsible to represent the technical perspective in the VoC program from Magic Leap - working with B2B enterprise customers and developers to distill insights. The ideal candidate should be an experienced and organized individual who is passionate about AR technology, and advocates for the organization to make customer-centric decisions across business, product and engineering. This role will work in an exciting environment to help elevate a voice of customer function for the business, including the creation of streamlined processes and procedures that build new capabilities.
- Serve as the technical voice of expertise while working alongside design, business and product to engage enterprise customers through interviews and workshops
- Assist in the aggregation, curation, and synthesis of customer feedback from multiple channels, owning the technical voice in the pursuit of customer feedback and research
- Communicate and problem solve current platform capabilities in the context of customer business needs. Translate and distill customer needs into technical requirements
- Explore and understand trends with senior leadership to develop the strategic direction for technology initiatives with impact across product lines
- Inspire, advise, provoke, and lead the organization through provocations and proofs of concept that show what’s possible with Magic Leap
- Partner with Magic Leap leaders and customers to galvanize action through game-changing prototyping, new product features, and novel concepts
- 7+ years of experience in design technology, UX engineering, software development, solutions engineering or related field
- 4+ years of experience with augmented and/or virtual reality development using Unity or Unreal
- Deep understanding of the limitations and possibilities for augmented reality in an enterprise context
- Must be able to prioritize business needs in building and designing customer solutions
- Proven track record in pushing the boundaries of user experience design through experimentation, developing new tools and processes, and partnering with design, engineering and research teams.
- Programming skills - working knowledge of C# or C++ with Unity/Unreal. Must be able to build non-production apps, and lead others in building larger app prototypes
- Strong verbal, written and visual design communication, including meeting facilitation and high-stakes presentations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.