The Voice of the Customer (VoC) team will be responsible in ensuring that the needs and desires of our customers and partners are represented across the whole Magic Leap organization. The VOC team is responsible for conducting customer research and generating customer insights. It is a crucial function that will work closely with the business, product, design and engineering teams to drive customer-centric decisions and ensure there is a clear feedback loop.
The Voice of the Customer Director will be responsible in evolving the VoC strategy for Magic Leap and formulating an executable plan to generate customer and partner insights. Your responsibility will be to lead an interdisciplinary team across business, design, product and technology and interact with leaders across the Magic Leap organization.The ideal candidate should be an experienced, organized, interdisciplinary leader who is passionate about ensuring that the organization will make customer-centric decisions across business, product and engineering. This role will work in an exciting environment to help elevate a voice of customer function for the business, including the creation of streamlined processes and procedures that build new capabilities.
- Develop, own and iterate the stakeholder research strategy and processes, ensuring alignment to overall Magic Leap corporate strategy that supports a continuous cycle of listening, interpreting, monitoring and action-oriented problems solving.
- Work cross-functionally with Magic Leap leaders across business, product, engineering, design to represent the voice of key customers and partners, aggregating feedback, synthesizing insights and identifying opportunities for up-front innovation and/or facilitating improvement projects with key internal stakeholders.
- Stand-up and lead interdisciplinary team across design, product, business and technology
- Lead customer-facing research efforts such as workshops, interviews, ethnographic research etc to collect customer and partner need/feedback along the customer journey
- Synthesize customer feedback into actionable recommendations for the organization
- Leverage generated customer insights and work with VoC Team as well as with broader Magic Leap organization to ideate innovative solutions for the future of Magic Leap
- Lead the VoC team in developing customer centric insights for both long and short term business needs through future visioning, functional prototyping, and related research
- Use customer insights to strategically voice short term innovation needs against the broader emerging trends of enterprise AR in general
- 10+ years experience in product management / innovation / customer insights / market & user research / strategy
- Strong interdisciplinary thinking and leadership skills - experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams across business, design, product and engineering
- Strong knowledge in qualitative and quantitative research methodology, design thinking, UX research, ethnographic research, etc.
- Experience in driving corporate decision making through the lens of the customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including meeting facilitation and high-stakes presentations
- Knowledge/ Experience or b2b hardware tech business experience
- Knowledge of the AR/VR/MR competitive landscape
- Background in industrial design, business, psychology, strategy, marketing, product management, strategic design, information systems or another relevant field
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University in a related field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.