Senior S/4 HANA Integration/Middleware Developer
Magic Leap’s mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Magic Leap is a team of creatives and technologists building a personal, spatial computing platform that seamlessly blends the digital and physical worlds. Magic Leap’s Business Technology (BT) organization is looking for a Senior S/4 HANA Integration Developer with strong experience in SAP Cloud Platform Integration (CPI) and Process Orchestration (PO), to support a 5-year transformational journey to re-imagine critical business processes, leveraging a best in class technology platform, SAP S/4HANA
Do you get excited about delighting your customers? Do you love building and shipping beautiful experiences? Do you enjoy leading your team through service, helping them grow and succeed?
Great. We’re going to change the world. Join us at Magic Leap, and let’s do it together!
A critical role of Magic Leap's Business Technology (BT) solutions teams Senior S/4 HANA Integration/Middleware Developer will be responsible for partnering with internal and external SOA counterparts to design, configure, develop, test and support integration solutions between enterprise technology solutions and other third party systems. We are currently using Boomi, Cloud Process Integration and SAP Process Integration/Process Orchestration (PI/PO). You will perform end to end development activities – building prototypes, effort estimation, writing Technical design, development, unit testing, code review, production support, UAT/System/Integration testing support, and deployment. Also, this role will evaluate new or existing programs, maintenance, improvement, and support the business application solutions for internal business functions, which are based on the requirements and needs of such a client base.
As an S/4 HANA Integration Developer, the candidate will be responsible for functional design analysis, technical design and development. The candidate is expected to work with functional analysts to understand the requirements, provide technical inputs on cloud-based and on-premise integration capabilities, translate that to technical design and develop the interfaces. Key responsibilities include:
- Supports integration development using our SOA Enterprise Suite tools and SAP PI/PO, including design, configure, develop and test business process integration
- Promotes reuse, mobility, flexibility, scalability and reliability
- Works collaboratively with internal and external SOA counterparts for periodic review of SOA enterprise roadmap for prioritization
- Review functional designs and meet business requirements by developing and implementing integrations using PO/CPI
- Develop technical designs and build interface configurations
- Conform to integration development standards and conduct interface design reviews
- Work closely with functional analysts to determine optimal interface solutions to functional requirements in P2P, O2C, R2R and Manufacturing process areas.
- Understand, refine and comply with integration patterns, standards, guidelines, and best practices.
- Perform unit testing and document results; ensure interface configuration is migrated across project landscape according to project timelines; identify and fix defects during various testing cycles
- Proactively support performance tuning and maintenance activities as needed, and ensure technical solutions meet the performance guidelines and standards
- Apply technical acumen to resolve integration challenges with the ability to think outside the box
- Develop solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation, and ensure solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Share knowledge and contribute to the professional development of other team members
- Matches solutions with the corporate environment. Understands how all parts of the business model work together, including processes, operating protocols, systems integrations, and application architectures. Finding the best technical solution among all possible to solve existing business problems, and helps ensure that the new solution fits the current enterprise environment the best
- Meets the requirements of all stakeholders, both technical and non-technical. Ensures that all their needs are taken into account. Focuses on solution-level decisions and analysis of their impact on the overall business goals and outcomes. Stakeholders have to be regularly informed about product development processes, costs, and budgeting. Sets the collaboration framework and translates technical project details into a language that management and non-technical stakeholders can understand
- Participate in architecture reviews with functional consultants and architects
- Develop and enforce coding standards across satellite SAP ABAP and Middleware Integration teams
- Influence teams from multiple organizations to use SAP standard solutions
- Responsible for the quality of code being developed
- Accountable for retention of critical intellectual property
- Exercise independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable
- Collaborate effectively with other disciplines of project teams
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
As our Sr S/4 HANA Integration/Middleware Developer, you will report to our Sr. Manager, Business Technology, Core Development.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills as well as good organizational and problem-solving capabilities;
- Must have the ability to work independently and to work within a team environment
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and tools;
- Experience in working with functional teams in Product Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Sales and People functions;
- Capable of managing multiple priorities and meeting closely-spaced, ambitious timelines;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience on multiple projects involving multiple process areas: P2P, O2C, R2R, Manufacturing;
- At least 8 years of software integration experience (on-premise and cloud) using SAP Process Orchestration (PO), with at least 2 years of SAP Cloud Platform Integrations (CPI);
- Good understanding of XML, JSON, SOAP, API and REST Web services;
- Well versed in SAP PO BPM/BRM and Cloud Workflow Integration;
- Possess good understanding of SAP PO/CPI B2B capability for EDI integration;
- Experience with ABAP proxy development experience to accomplish interface requirements;
- Knowledge of Boomi (middleware) is preferred but not mandatory;
- Experience in integrating success factors to ECC, ADP is preferred;
- Additional qualification of SAP Certification in Sales and/or technical areas is highly beneficial;
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.