We are seeking an experienced Principal Systems Architect with expertise in Perception. The main focus of this role will be to define and develop new Perception architectures for our next generation products to meet the requirement of our Perception stack around 6 dof localization, world reconstruction, hand tracking... This person should be a self-starter with a knack for delivering efficient solutions that quickly solve the problem at hand. This is a position on the influential and intensely cross-functional Systems Engineering team. Systems is a diverse organization of hardware and software engineers. The team and this role touch every aspect of Magic Leap’s product. This role reports to the Director of Systems Engineering.
- Responsible for defining and driving the architecture of our Perception stack at the system level for our current and next gen products. Perception stack includes various Sensors along with complex Algorithms.
- Define and own platform level Perception requirements from Product requirements.
- Ensure proposed Perception architectures meet Product requirements and fit within power and thermal budgets, while minimizing Compute requirements.
- Develop and maintain tools to analyze and simulate Perception performance of proposed architectures.
- Drive the system features and solutions to be architected and delivered for the program.
- Work cross functionally to identify and assess complex technical issues/risks, and develop architectural solutions to achieve Perception requirements.
- Work closely with HW/SW teams to develop and to execute V&V Test plans at the component, module and system level.
- Support HW/SW teams for sensors performance, power and functional issues debug/resolution.
- Lead design and prototyping of various sensors configurations.
- Industry leader with 10+ years of experience in Perception system.
- Must have shipped one or more products with complex Perception architecture.
- Demonstrated experience with sensing technologies and algorithms like SLAM, eye-tracking, depth sensing, etc.
- Experience in performing system modeling and tradeoff analyses.
- Thorough understanding of Perception algorithm requirements and their impact on Compute architecture
- Demonstrated experience with sensors calibration.
- Experience with data analysis, statistics and graphing.
- Familiarity with requirements management processes and tools.
- Proficient in a high-level scripting languages like Matlab/Python etc.
- Experience with spatial computing is a plus.
- Self-directed, energetic, proactive, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be confident in a highly dynamic and creative environment.
- Comfortable with Agile.
- M.S in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering plus 10 or more years of progressive working experience or equivalent industry experience.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.