Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing.
Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
The VP of SW Program and Operations will be responsible for delivering all platform software to our product program. This individual will lead the software program office, the software quality assurance and validation teams as well as our build and release operations. In this position, you will organize and drive our SW delivery machine together with the development team and will guarantee quality and timeliness of deliverables. You will support our product definition effort together with our product team as well as with our internal and external customers. You will ensure that our OS and cloud backend are productizable and package-able for various configuration and business units.
Aside from the delivery responsibility, we are looking for an innovative leader that will take our operations to the next level. This individual will need to constantly promote best practices, strive to increase developer productivity and strive to improve product reliability, performance, and quality assurance.
As importantly, this leader will be expected to radically modernize our approach, and aim at redefining new processes across the organization to increase the flexibility and efficiency of our delivery machine while maintaining a high bar on quality and predictability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the SW Operations & Productization organization comprising of multiple program managers, individual contributors and deliver the SW and UX for the computing platform of the future
- Drive all SW activity towards timely delivery and ensure the quality of all SW deliverables
- Guarantee quality of deliverables by driving internal QA operations and coordinating the SW QA operations
- Implement processes consistent with Project Management Professional (PMP) and AGILE best practices within the SW organization
- Lead the planning and implementation of software milestones and facilitate the definition of scope, goals and deliverables
- Capture overall SW program resource requirements and manage resource allocation and budget
- Identify key performance indicators, implement meaningful metrics to measure the efficiency and performance of our SW and constantly monitor, track and report our progress on SW
- Coordinates SW effort and report/align into the product program office
- Select and drive the implementation of Magic Leap SW tool chain. Organize and synchronize SW QA, integration and Release management
- Provide visibility on SW program status, key risks and mitigations, and technical milestones
- Proactively identify potential issues and propose mitigation plans or alternative solutions
- Create operations that are future proof and can be scaled to business units
- Work with product to derive sw requirements and coordinate work and scope with our internal stakeholders
- Continuously improve operations processes, develop and present best practices, technical concepts and technologies for innovative SW solutions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- 15 years+ experience in delivering large and complex software programs for mobile
- Broad and deep technical understanding of product development cycle. Proven track record of delivering consumer embedded products
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle. Demonstrable expert level knowledge of developing SW on embedded. Full stack SW experience is a must
- Knowledge about Cloud and Cloud Operations
- Experience in designing and implementing highly SW scalable operations supporting different configuration and different product lines
- Experience and Knowledge about SW QA
- Experience and Knowledge about SW integration and release management
- Experience on perception (machine vision/machine learning) is a plus
- Strong experience working with Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Leadership – proven experience to lead and inspire people and proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent planning skills – tactical and strategically
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- 25% travel expected to our Florida HQ
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines