The Sr. Specialist Regulatory - Material and Environmental Compliance will be responsible for ensuring that all Magic Leap’s products meet all the applicable material and environmental regulatory requirements for each product launch and throughout the product life cycle. You will work closely with Regulatory Bodies, Test Labs, Product Design Teams, Supply chain and Engineers to ensure Magic Leap’s products are in full compliance.
- Work with design teams during the product development process to ensure all components of Magic Leap products are compliant to global environmental and material compliance regulations. These include but are not limited to: California Prop 65, RoHS EU Directive, Japan J Moss, China RoHS, UAE RoHS, REACH, EU SCIP, EU MDR, and WEEE and Energy Efficiency.
- Train and ensure compliance of Magic Leap teams to Magic Leap’s environmental and restricted material policies and procedures.
- Work with Engineering and Supplier Quality teams to implement requirements into material specifications and supplier audits.
- Own and manage Magic Leap’s restricted environmental and material policies and procedures
- Work with external test labs to demonstrate compliance as applicable.
- Create and report all environmental and material compliance to external regulatory bodies.
- Review and critique test reports generated by test labs
- Provides timely reporting to Magic Leap Management as required.
- Work with internal design teams to ensure all design improvements or changes maintain product compliance during product lifecycle.
- Aid in the determination of containment and disposition activities based on the compliance risk.
- Provide information as needed to ensure proper customer transparency of environmental and restricted materials compliance.
- Stay current with any changes to regulatory landscape i.e., new requirements, that may affect Magic Leap products.
- 5+ years of experience with California Prop 65, RoHS EU Directive, Japan J Moss, China RoHS, UAE RoHS, REACH, EU SCIP, EU MDR, and WEEE and Energy Efficiency
- Experience with registration and compliance in US and globally markets
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and complex problem-solving skills.
- The ability to develop partnerships with cross-functional teams within a company.
- Ability to work independently and has strong team building skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and keep track of details.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams in parallel.
- Experience with electronic data management of restricted material data.
- Proficiency with MS and Google software applications.
- Medical device experience is a plus
- SAP experience for navigation to product specifications, ECOs, data field inputs, etc. and/or experience with material compliance software such as BomCheck; Silicon Graphics or similar software is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.