Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing.
Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
You will be responsible for all device-side software quality assurance as well as build and release operations for all our products. You will play a crucial role in guaranteeing the quality and schedule of our deliveries to our customer - which includes our Lumin Operating System as well as all other platform-related code on mobile or desktop. At the department-level, you will work and discuss together with our cloud team to come up with a holistic approach to software validation by harmonizing and defining appropriate processes.
In this position, your team will develop all QA and testing strategy for all OS software codeline for our Magic Leap device as well as drive our build and release process and tools to deliver all our OS for all product lines. You will effectively work with various company stakeholders to provide visibility on the state of software and your team will work hand in hand with our software program managers to participate and drive defect management, root cause analysis, provide visibility to all key KPIs - among others.
Aside from the delivery responsibility, we are looking for an innovative leader that will take this team to the next level. This individual will need to constantly promote best practices, strive to increase developer productivity by improving current processes and tooling, increasing automation, and making recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, and quality assurance.
As importantly, this leader will be expected to radically modernize our approach, and aim at redefining new processes and approach across the organization to radically improve the flexibility and efficiency of our delivery machine while maintaining a high bar on quality and predictability. This individual will need to investigate, evaluate, and deploy new testing technologies and approaches for new types of devices - it is therefore crucial that you have a deep knowledge of all innovation in the area of QA and Build/Release.
- 15 years experience in managing Software QA and/or Build and Release with previous hands on experience in these fields
- Experience on embedded and/or mobile hardware is a must
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong experience working with Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Experience in building complex products on novel hardware and scalable operations
- Strong experience of continuous integration set up, processes and tools
- Detailed knowledge of all aspects of quality management and validation needed to deliver and guarantee the quality of a full stack OS
- Extensive experience of traditional and novel testing methodologies
- Detailed knowledge of all aspect of build and release process for embedded devices
- Strong proven experience in leading a large QA and/or Build and Release organization
- Good general knowledge of OS architecture
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Ability to function in a startup environment
- Exceptional ability to clearly communicate, lead and influence through inclusive discussion and debate
- Excellent organizational, planning and problem solving skills
- Creative thinking
- Experience in Cloud QA is a big plus
- Experience with development for augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), or other forms of head mounted displays (HMDs) is a plus
- Experience in QMS, IEC 60601 is a plus
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines