As Principal Software Engineer, Health Applications Framework, you are responsible for leading a team that transforms spatial health paradigms into production-level code ready to be deployed by partners and application developers. You will own a spatial health framework and software development kit that integrates biomarker algorithms, telehealth mechanisms, and other spatial computing methodologies, as well as work on incoming projects from external partners. You will work closely with program management, the health algorithms, systems, and regulatory teams, and the platform software team to ensure the development and implementation of an efficient and robust clinically validated framework.
- Lead the health applications framework team to explore, design, develop, implement, and test methods, modules, libraries, and tools to address specific needs of health and medical technology application developers.
- Provide knowledge of software productization and SDK development to support the implementation of a comprehensive strategy for partners and end users.
- Design and supervise the productization of biomarker algorithms and health-specific spatial computing mechanisms.
- Design and lead the implementation of a software development kit for spatial health solutions, including libraries, application programming interfaces, example code, and customer-facing tooling.
- Oversee and provide technical leadership for the development of methods, libraries, and APIs required by incoming projects from external partners.
- Participate in the design of cloud-side services as needed to support the spatial health framework.
- Implement an SDK responsive to the needs of first- and third-party applications development, and in close coordination with the Platform SDK team to ensure consistency and compatibility
- Coordinate closely with the Product and Platform teams to define requirements for hardware and software implementation at the Platform layer
- Assist business segment leaders and systems engineering in capturing and understanding customer needs and translating them into system requirements.
- Interface with hardware and software teams to ensure that needed features are understood, investigated and scoped in the product roadmap.
- Ensure that the health applications SDK team writes elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality algorithms and services.
- Establish processes to create software, review code, and write documentation following HIPAA and medical device design controls requirements.
- Design and manage processes of building, releasing, and version control of spatial health platform components.
- Work closely with Software Security, User Experience, Hardware, Software, Business Development, Product, Clinical and Regulatory teams to implement a robust platform for spatial health.
- 10+ years of industry experience as a software developer, including 5+ years managing software development teams.
- 8+ years coding & debugging of C/C++.
- 5+ years of experience working in healthcare, medical devices, and/or SaMD development.
- Knowledge of deep learning frameworks, especially TensorFlow, required.
- Proven track record of bringing deep learning algorithms from applied research and feasibility to production-level implementation.
- Strong foundations in machine learning and other algorithm development, especially in deep learning (RNNs, CNNs, etc).
- Strong foundations in data structures, and software and computer architecture.
- Experience in the implementation and productization of software solutions for measurement and monitoring of health and medical applications is a strong plus.
- Experience in networking and connectivity, including IoT/IoMT and health-specific standards such as IEC 11073, HL7 FHIR, highly desirable.
- Experience working in the medical device regulated industry (FDA, EU MDD/MDR, HIPAA/GDPR, cybersecurity, IEC 62304) required.
- Strong experience with software practices such as source control, testing, code review. Knowledge of git is highly desirable.
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar required. Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related preferred