Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, games and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
This role is responsible for managing software development programs/projects including planning, scheduling, budgeting, specification, design, testing, validation, documentation, and release. The ideal candidate will lead multiple multi-disciplinary teams in R&D. The Program Manager maintains workflows and resolves conflict using strong leadership, management, and communication skills. This position coordinates development, collaboration, and dependencies across different teams.
- Manage SW release process of new products from release planning, cross-team coordination, dependency management, bug fixing and maintenance
- Responsible to lead, monitor, track and report on multiple complex, multi-disciplinary research and engineering projects
- Manage software features, requirement analysis, technology selection and architecture activities
- Present program progress, issues and mitigations to all stakeholders
- Implement and manage change control process
- Proactively identify potential issues and propose mitigation plans or alternative solutions
- Identify key performance indicators, implement meaningful metrics, and measure product performance
- Ensure the quality of all feature deliverables in the program
- Develop, manage, and track budgets
- Plan, manage and prioritize implementation tasks for features, defects, projects, and releases.
- Work with internal and external organizations to manage inter-dependencies and to develop and integrate innovative solutions.
- Follow technology trends and developments to rapidly absorb new knowledge bases and incorporate them into new and existing features.
- Prepare presentations for senior management articulating program status, key risks and mitigations, and technical milestones
- Passion for cutting edge computer technologies and product delivery
- 5-8+ years of Program management experience
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Proven experience in AGILE software development methodologies
- Experience working with SW/HW vendors and contracting
- Strong knowledge of system integration and system validation
- Proficient in verbal/written communication skills including presentation to large audiences
- Extensive experience in Software requirements analysis and proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical document
- Experience in risk management
- Experience in change management
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance Job Requirements
- B.S or higher in a computer science, electrical engineering or related field is required
- PMP Certification is a plus
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines