Magic Leap’s Product Design organization seeks a UX Designer to help influence, create and define our next generation platform, OS and workflows for mixed reality.
The User Interface Designer will play a key role in the future of mixed reality platform. From brainstorming through implementation, the UX Designer will work with team members of the design team, as well as our product, prototyping and engineering groups. Candidates must also possess a relentless attention to detail and an uncommon eye for aesthetic taste and quality.
You will work on delivering a best-in-class spatial computing user experience that is clear, intuitive, and matches the Magic Leap brand of the product. Working with teams of experts across multiple disciplines, you will be able to leverage your user experience skills to guide the development from start to finish to create some of the world's best spatial computing interactions.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the principles and best practices of human interface design. Candidates should have a minimum of 3-5 years in UX Design with at least 2 shipped projects with a full development cycle from concept through completion. This position requires strong communication skills and the ability to work closely with other team leads and partners. You will have the opportunity to work with a large collection of disciplines that span the art to engineering to business to manufacturing.
Successful candidates are passionate about Mixed Reality’s role in the future of computing, and are ready and eager to join a design organization responsible for pushing the boundaries of platform, experience, and the future of interaction.
Other qualities include:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional collaborative skills
- Understanding and appreciation of design methodologies and best practices
- Knowledge and use of user testing to lead to successful implementation
- Ability to do rapid prototyping for stakeholder approval
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- An outstanding and diverse portfolio that demonstrates great design
- Ensure alignment on the scope, schedule, dependencies, and deliverables across teams
- Self driven to create world class experiences
Education / Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience designing mixed reality, VR, desktop, or web applications
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Demonstrable mastery of design tools
- Degree in interaction design (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with AR, MR or spatial computing platforms
- Experience with enterprise applications and integrations
- Experience working with augmented or mixed reality solutions
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, or similar tools
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.