The Head, Global Total Rewards, will develop, design and implement all compensation and benefits programs to ensure our total rewards efforts facilitate and enhance the achievement of Magic Leap’s strategic objectives in a manner consistent with our people strategy and values. The role will report into the Chief People and Transformation Leader.
- Provides technical expertise and proactive guidance to monitor and maintain competitive positioning, and to advance and scale Magic Leap compensation and benefits programs to keep pace with the company’s rapid growth.
- Manages compensation surveys, conducts related analysis, researches market competitive practices, recommends new programs or enhancements based on cost/benefit analysis, benchmarking, and alignment with the company’s strategic direction.
- Develop, implement, control and improve administrative processes, while ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and best practices
- Lead global mobility, international compensation and benefits programs for the organization, work to harmonize and streamline plans where applicable while ensuring compliance with local employment regulations.
- Design and manage global company health care and wellness programs in a manner that educates and promotes effective health care management and influences consumer behavior to ensure efficient and cost effective program design, administration, and utilization
- Provide leadership and coordination of all activities focused on design and administration of the Company's retirement benefits.
- Oversee preparation and management of the annual employee benefits budget to effectively monitor and forecast related expenses to ensure effective control and identification of variances and trends
- Leads the Magic Leap annual open enrollment process, annual review and bidding process for plans, and benefits planning.
- Analyze and administer executive compensation programs including executive salary surveys, annual and long-term incentive programs, and deferred compensation plans; provide consultation on executive compensation matters to senior executives and human resources
- Base salary administration – responsible for managing annual salaried merit program, non-union hourly wage programs, conducting competitive market analysis, compression/internal equity analysis, review/recommend off-cycle market adjustments, promotions and advise on new hire offers as needed.
Compliance and Risk Management
- Contribute to compensation and benefits related compliance, governance, and fiduciary activities, including IRS and other government mandated requirements
- Maintain a working knowledge of laws (i.e., ERISA, COBRA, HIPPA, FMLA, FLSA, ADA, PPACA, Dodd-Frank, etc.) that govern and impact employee compensation and benefits
- Work closely with Internal Audit and Accounting departments to build and maintain compliant programs and procedures.
- Provides individual counsel on the creation and analysis of job descriptions to ensure internal and external equity.
- Job evaluations – perform job analysis/evaluations, FLSA exemption testing, appropriate leveling, administer internal job code structure, consolidate common job titling, ensure compliance with all federal and state regulation.
- Provides consultation to HR staff and management.
- Develop materials to communicate Corporate and BU compensation/benefits
- Minimum 15 years experience across compensation and benefits value chain
- Deep experience in high tech compensation structures, including hardware, software, and internet services organizations
- Global compensation experience, particularly in North America, Asia, and Europe
- Knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations relating to compensation and any differences between US states, particularly California.
- Bachelor's Degree required with a strong preference for an advanced degree or certification in the field of compensation and benefits.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.