Lead/Senior Software Engineer, Health Applications (Unity)
Plantation, FL, or Sunnyvale, CA or USA-based remote
As Lead or Senior Software Engineer, Health Applications (Unity), you are responsible for developing healthcare first-party applications, demos, prototypes, and tools, as well as supporting app development efforts for our strategic partners. You will work on the implementation of early prototypes, code snippets and examples, demo applications, and production-level first-party applications in medical technology and digital health. You will work closely with program management, business segment leadership, the health platform and systems teams, and the clinical and regulatory teams to ensure the development of efficient and highly robust clinically validated solutions.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain applications, demos, and prototypes for health data visualization and management in acute and chronic care settings.
- Design and develop rapid prototypes in the area of health and wellness with a strong focus on user experience and interface design.
- Develop software, perform code review, and create and maintain documentation following medical device design controls and quality management.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, project managers, and business segment leads to implement their specifications and deliver high-quality spatial computing content.
- Assist business segment leaders and systems engineering in capturing and understanding customer needs and translating them into system requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues.
- Provide application support to strategic partners in close coordination with the developer relations and business development teams.
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code; leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality applications, algorithms, and services.
- Comfortable using multiple technologies (custom or off-shelf) to develop innovative solutions and experiences.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment within a small agile team.
- Work closely with Software Security, User Experience, Hardware, Software, Business Development, Product, Clinical and Regulatory teams to implement the next generation clinically validated digital health biomarker suite for the device.
- 7+ years of industry experience implementing applications & services on mobile platforms.
- 5+ years coding & debugging of C, C++ and/or C#.
- 3+ years of experience working with Unity.
- 3+ years of experience working in healthcare or medical device development.
- Experience with OpenGL, OpenCV, and Shader programming a plus.
- Experience with production coding processes, including code management,
- Experience with VR/AR, Computer Vision, and/or Machine Learning preferred
- Strong experience working in close collaboration with UX design and assets.
- Strong experience developing from concept to ship in agile environments
- Knowledge of medical device regulations as applied to software development (FDA, MDD, HIPAA/GDPR, Cybersecurity) highly desirable.
- Strong experience with software practices such as source control, testing, code review. Knowledge of git is highly desirable.
BS in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, or similar required. MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related preferred