Design and oversee production and implementation of the best end-to-end experience for Magic Leap enterprise customers as experienced through our digital ecosystem. From our primary site, through various portals that provide account and device management tools, the Director will promote customer-centric design that results in a seamless, low-friction experience.
You champion creativity and are a natural collaborator with a deep understanding of web technologies and integration. As a design leader you’re able to work closely with Product, SW, Brand, Marketing to translate requirements into an effective approach and roadmap right-sized to meet design quality and customer expectations as well as our resources and infrastructure. Your experience stems from a deep involvement with digital product development, bringing together demonstrable expertise in UI, UX and visual design and product.
- Drive design and front-end development of our digital ecosystem and web platforms with a customer-centric approach reflective of our values and company-wide design principles
- Research and publish the ideal journey map for our enterprise customers as they travel through our digital ecosystem
- Establish, socialize and track performance standards, KPIs, and benchmarks
- Oversee implementation to a standard of design and brand excellence
- Inform a new type of digital team and approach, one that is lean and reflects the agility, agency and creativity an emerging tech company requires
- Have solid understanding and working knowledge of digital design process, with a strong focus on achieving consistency in brand and UI.
- Be knowledgeable and connected with our UX team and research practices
- Lead the execution and presentation of prototypes, presentations, decks, briefs etc as needed to communicate vision
- Build product roadmap and vision for Digital Ecosystem by end of Q4 2020
- Build next-generation modular web applications.
- Design and develop reusable/distributable web components.
- Develop first of its kind interactive user interfaces.
- Explore and design dynamic and compelling consumer experiences.
- Performance and optimization tuning of client facing web user interfaces.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices.
- You have industry experience working with challenger brands, making a real mark and creating digital brand applications.
- Your portfolio shows off digital craftsmanship and hands-on design skills.
- You have proven experience with product development testing and research cycles.
- You have led projects from start to finish and worked directly with development teams (whether internal or external).
- You’re a team player, positive and able to work well with designers and other team members.
- Experience using SCSS and React.
- Experience with Test-Driven and/or Behavior-Driven Development.
- Experience using Git VCS.
- Strong understanding of web browser capabilities.
- Ability to create a cohesive user experience across multiple web applications.
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities.
- Collaborative team player that can think outside the box.