The Director, Global Sales and Partner Enablement will be part of a growing Sales team helping to shape our business across a number of industries, customers, and geographies. Magic Leap is being used by companies large and small around the world for many applications, and we’re committed to growing the usage of our tools and services globally. This role will be responsible for dramatically increasing the efficiency and readiness of both our field sales organization as well as key global reseller and channel partners.
As part of the Sales team, the role of Sales Enablement is to provide the tools, assets, resources, and training to the sales team in order to improve efficiency and success. You are required to interact heavily with the sales team to determine what gaps in available resources exist, the marketing team to ensure assets and strategies are aligned with the company vision, and the operations team to provide the necessary tools and services for the sales team.
The location is flexible. Ideally you are already located in Utah or Florida, but otherwise will be Remote.
- You lead the communication, implementation, updates and ongoing assessment of all sales training for both direct sales and selected customers. You communicate effectively with sales, marketing, and operations teams to find gaps in resources and training
- You own the production of sales assets and materials to facilitate the sales process. This can involve working on content directly as well as working with outside agencies.
- You support and inform the salesperson onboarding process and adjust training as the company and product matures
- You assess and implement sales tools to facilitate the sales process.
- You work with Marketing on ABM-based marketing, to land Sales Plays and other activities within the sales org tied to marketing initiatives and lead generation.
- Able to present complicated technical concepts in layman’s terms; make the complex simple.
- Provide commercial / customer insights and feedback on strategy, product, pricing and other matters to internal teams from your interactions and support of the sales process.
- Work tightly with Sales Ops and Customer Care team to provide operational feedback about where to improve efficiency, including onboarding new team members.
You are a connector. You will be connecting various sources and resources to our sales and partner teams. You will sometimes work fully internal and other times you will be vital to the success of our key global partners. As a connector, some of your brightest skills can include:
- Excellent listener and communicator – you are the heartbeat of “being in the know” and think of how to make others better.
- Highly organized, and skilled at project management and balancing various priorities.
- Highly collaborative. You will work across many teams – Sales management, product, engineering, marketing and various partner ISVs with solutions to bring to market.
- Measurement oriented. Your success in this role means you help others be even more successful every day.
- Empathetic. Sales can be hard, so how can you make their job easier?
- Minimum 5 years of sales enablement, direct sales, and/or business development experience. Sales ops or sales-oriented marketing (i.e. ABM marketing) is also beneficial. You understand the pain points experienced by salespeople
- Familiarity with adult learning theory, training content design and B2B selling. You can demonstrate a working knowledge of training techniques and best practices for onboarding or adopting new technologies.
- Content creation experience building assets and materials that are externally facing and can be used by the sales team to facilitate their sales cycle
- (preferred) You have previous experience in marketing with an understanding of communicating brand and product vision and roadmap
- Excellent skills in Powerpoint or Google Slides. Prefer Creative background that can be Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Team player. No, seriously – we want you to be able to get your hands dirty yet able to jump to 30,000 feet to help your team and customers.
- Sense of humor and able roll with the punches.
- 15% to 20% travel required (non-Covid) to support selected partners on-site and remote sales or industry events.
- BS or BA in a relevant field, other relevant degrees or experience will be valued.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or a related field / equivalent applicable experience. MBA preferred.
- Multiple languages (Spanish preferred)
- Experience in one or more targeted Enterprise industry or vertical
Who We Are
We love scrappy. We look for those passionate about breaking new ground, solving new problems and leveraging tech to delight customers, not just impress them. We look for people that can approach any challenge with a cool head and possess a no-problem-too-big-or-too-small attitude. You will thrive in an environment where you are juggling many balls at the same time and find solving new challenges to be stimulating. No day is like the prior. Ideally, you will have a background in software development, along with experience in real-time 3D development or visualization, preferably in AR or VR.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines