The Director Learning & Development manages the design, development, and implementation of learning interventions to meet Magic Leap's employee performance needs. This individual will assist in the development and execution of the talent management strategy for the organization. This individual collaborates with senior leaders and People Business Partners to improve functional areas, teams, and individual performance; assists managers in creating alignment around key strategies to improve organizational effectiveness.
This role creates changes through developmental training, career management, workforce diversity, and/or strategic planning. This individual will lead a team to organize, conduct, and evaluate internal training programs. This role will select or create materials and appropriate delivery methods for programs on a variety of topics (e.g., new employee orientation, job skills training, or performance appraisals). The candidate in this role also assists executives and/or senior directors in defining organizational goals and strategic plans. This role will have extensive business knowledge with a comprehensive understanding of the organization and functional area.
The candidate in this role also assists executives and/or senior directors in defining organizational goals and strategic plans. This role will have extensive business knowledge with a comprehensive understanding of the organization and functional area.
- Develops and delivers a variety of development interventions and organization change strategies utilizing performance consulting skills in support of strategic plan and key initiatives
- Delivers leadership training within the organization
- For classroom training, provides train-the-trainer coaching to improve all training delivery
- Revamps entire learning and development strategy to align with culture initiatives
- Is a resource to People Business Partners to embed development competence across the organization
- Responsible for creating a Learning and Development framework that addresses company’s training/development needs
- Delivers high impact through the use of techniques that maximize learner participation, comprehension and application of the material
- Identifies development opportunities and coaches company leaders in order to increase their managerial and leadership effectiveness
- Continually builds bench strength of leadership talent at all levels by determining needs through bench-strength assessment and participating in succession planning
- Partners with senior leaders and People Business Partners to design and implement leadership and hi-potential development strategies
- Lead the recommendation of vendor services, products, and training materials
- Seeks out opportunities to contribute to the business success through proactive involvement in team initiatives
- 10+ years of experience in Learning and/or Organization Development
- 3+ years of leadership experience preferred
- Demonstrates a positive, proactive and self-directed approach
- Certifications in psychometric tools and/or assessments (e.g. DISC) a plus
- Experience creating learning and development approaches, leadership development, change management and organizational development initiatives
- Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks
- Stays current on leading edge learning, knowledge management, and professional development trends
- BA/BS degree is required.
- Master’s degree in related discipline: Human Resources, Instructional Design, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Adult Education, etc is preferred.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.