The Global Emergency Response Manager leads the professional and volunteer Emergency Response Teams (ERT) for Magic Leap’s headquarters in Plantation, FL and globally. This position will provide strategic leadership and subject matter expertise in support of the Emergency Response and Business Continuity programs. This position will collaborate with individuals from all departments to maintain and improve the existing ERT program. There will be a strong working relationship with the Global Security and the Facilities teams.
- Conducts the preparation, management, organization, and implementation of short term and long-range Emergency Action Plans at each location.
- Ensures that all Emergency Action Plans, activities, and operations are carried out in compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations and laws.
- Develops and provides ERT training for medical and hazardous materials to Global Emergency Coordinators and local team members.
- Coordinates and monitors all project management activities to implement and train Emergency Response Teams (ERTs) at new sites as needed in response to future growth of the company.
- Professionally interface with outside emergency services, company management, employees, and ERT volunteers.
- Develops policies, procedures, templates, standards and documentation in support of the management and sustainability of the ERT program.
- Provides emergency response and preparedness training and awareness communication for employees globally.
- Develops and conducts emergency response exercises and drills.
- Performs regular reviews and updates to all program materials to ensure that the quality and accuracy of all program documentation is maintained.
- Performs continuous monitoring of program activities to identify areas of opportunity for improvement, cost reduction, and enhanced operational efficiency.
- Partners with the site Safety and Facilities teams to interpret requirements and prepare standards to maintain compliance with applicable fire protection and emergency response regulatory requirements.
- Supports the company’s crisis management and incident response teams with the coordination and execution of emergency response activities for actual incidents. This may require off hour or weekend work.
- Facilitates the completion of post incident and partners with affected teams and site leadership to confirm that improvement opportunities are effectively deployed across the site in a timely manner.
- Assist all Site General Managers in other safety related activities.
- This position may require travel up to 25% of the time.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience training in emergency management, business continuity or disaster recovery (Required).
- Minimum of 8 years management and leadership experience in Emergency Management or Public Safety (Required).
- Knowledge of Google and Microsoft Office Suite (Required).
- Experience in international business travel and demonstrated cross cultural communication skills (Required).
- First Aid and CPR certification (Required).
- Knowledge of the Incident Command System (ICS) (Required)
- Knowledge of Federal and State safety and environmental-related regulations (Preferred).
- Adaptable, innovative and detail oriented. Disciplined to solve complex problems, with the ability to resolve issues, partner with others, and drive solutions that create win-win situations.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.