Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
We are seeking an experienced software engineer with expertise in graphics and game development. We are a multidisciplinary team, so this candidate should feel comfortable working alongside electrical, robotics, computer vision, and mechanical engineers. This engineer should be a self-starter with a knack for delivering efficient solutions that quickly solve the problem at hand. The main focus of this role will be to develop tools to test and measure the performance of the company’s products. This is a position on the influential and intensely cross-functional Systems Engineering team. Systems is a diverse organization of hardware and software engineers. The team and this role touch every aspect of Magic Leap’s product. This role reports to the Systems Engineering Manager.
- Design and develop complex software prototypes and applications interacting with various components of our code base and sensors.
- Support and maintain existing test and verification applications.
- Develop innovative ways to test the graphics pipeline for mixed reality devices.
- Design tests involving robotics, computer vision, data science, and complex software algorithms.
- Build and release custom versions of our software stack.
- Root cause and resolve software defects and other technical issues.
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality applications.
- Expert in C, C++, C# in a production environment
- Expert in developing applications with the Unity and Unreal game engines
- Expert in developing software for Linux, MacOS, and Windows operating systems.
- Proficient in low level graphics application interfaces (Vulkan, OpenGL, DirectX).
- Knowledgeable of game engine development
- Must have shipped consumers applications for mobile or embedded devices.
- Must have demonstrated expertise of writing production quality code.
- Solid core computer science skills, such as data structure design, architecture design, common algorithms, and math
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Demonstrated expertise with version control and build management tools
- Great understanding of mobile SW architectures from low-level driver to application
- Great communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to think critically and solve problems outside of core knowledge domain
Qualifications (Nice to have):
- Good knowledge of Python
- Familiarity with Android Open Source tool-chains, techniques, and native libraries
- Familiarity with the Android application component model and embedded IPC mechanisms
- Working knowledge of the complexities of a Mixed Reality system
- Comfortable with Scrum
- B.S in Computer Science (or equivalent engineering degree) plus 3 or more years of working experience
- M.S in Computer Science (or equivalent engineering degree) plus 1 or more years of working experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.