Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing.
Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
We have an exciting opportunity on our Software team for a strong leader with exceptional development/research skills in the field of Deep learning. The primary responsibility of the Principal Researcher / Engineer in Deep learning is to lead the research and development of multiple core perception components across multiple organizations spanning beyond the Perception group. The candidate’s responsibilities extend to working closely with the executive team to establish the scope and schedule of the product critical projects, driving the formation of technical teams and ensuring a cohesive alignment of all essential technical expertises by settings optimal communication strategies. The Principal researcher / engineer will take an active deciding role in release planning, scheduling, and assigning individual developers within their technical team. Qualified candidates will be driven self-starters, robust thinkers, strong collaborators, effective leaders and adept at operating in a highly dynamic environment. We look for colleagues that are passionate about our product and embody our values.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the research and development team within the Perception group.
- Lead the research and development effort of advanced product-critical deep learning components covering key product critical perception features such as semantics, segmentation, object recognition, persistence, localization, etc.
- Define and execute the roadmap of new features.
- Work hand-in-hand with the key stakeholders and developers across the company using deep learning.
- Actively contribute to Magic Leap Intellectual Property and publish the research findings in peer-reviewed conferences.
- Write maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality deep learning modules.
- Act as a mentor and subject matter expert with key stakeholders.
- Review individual developer's code in the team to ensure highest code quality.
- 4+ years of Deep Learning experience and 10+ years of Machine learning experience targeted to product development.
- Experience leading engineering teams from first concept to ship.
- World recognized expert knowledge and strong leadership experience in Deep Learning with extensive publication record in peer-reviewed conferences and specialization in at least one of the following domains:
- Applications of deep learning techniques to traditional 3D computer vision topics such as:
- Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM)
- Visual-Inertial Odometry (VIO)
- Dense environment mapping
- Eye tracking.
- Semantics and scene understanding
- Scene segmentation
- Object Detection and tracking
- Large scale localization
- Model optimizations to run over embedded platforms and on the cloud.
- Expert knowledge of deep learning techniques such as CNN, RNN, LSTM and GAN.
- Expert level experience in at least one of TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Caffe.
- Expert level in Python (programming and debugging).
- Knowledge of C/C++ and parallel computing paradigms such as OpenCL and CUDA is a plus.
- Knowledge software optimization and embedded programming is a plus.
- MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (with minimum of 12 years of relevant experience).
- Ph.D. is preferred (with minimum of 10 years of relevant experience).
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.