Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
- Develop commodity supplier sourcing strategy ensuring the supplier is capable of meeting Magic Leap current and future technical and business requirements
- Be an expert in commodity cost and supply
- Continually benchmark the industry to monitor technology trends and ensure best practices are incorporated into the Magic Leap supply chain.
- Establish competitive Biding, soliciting quotes and comparing prices from Potential suppliers.
- Responsible for “Fair Value” estimation, rational and unbiased estimate of potential market price of a good, service, or asset. It takes into account such objective factors as acquisition, production, distribution cost, replacement cost, or cost of close substitutes, risk characteristics, cost of and return of capital and individually perceived utility.
- Drive Early Supplier Involvement initiatives to ensure our commodity suppliers are proactively providing input into new product designs and future product roadmaps.
- Establish supplier selection criteria, evaluate alternative suppliers, manage the RFI, Request for Information , RFP / RFQ– Request for Proposal / Request for Quote and RFS - Request for Service., and drive final supplier selection in partnership with Supply base Engineering
- Manage and negotiate key agreements with suppliers to establish best-in-class pricing, flexibility, quality, delivery, payment, warranty, and service terms. Those contracts may include but are not limited to an Order Form, Quotation, Contract, SOW’s, TSA, MSA, Addendum or Exhibit.
- Lead Total Cost Reduction program to ensure the lowest possible total cost, including product cost, transportation cost, inventory cost, and cost of quality
- Determine appropriate business splits between suppliers where appropriate
- Formulate contingency plans to de-risk technical challenges, long lead time, single source, and any supply issue
- Institute programs to optimize schedule flexibility while minimizing excess inventory exposure
- Work with Supply Base Engineering and our CM partners to resolve any chronic part shortage or quality problems which are affecting production schedules
- Own the ramp plan, capacity plan and ongoing production plan and forecast, tooling qualification schedule and tooling life for all designated suppliers.
- Design, implement, and execute sourcing strategies for the category through cross-functional group collaboration; the incumbent will communicate, monitor and aggressively manage the process from concept through to fruition
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to enhance supplier performance, drive best-in-class pricing, and ensure contractual obligations are met for quality, delivery, scheduling and productivity
- Work with business units/suppliers to resolve major or repetitive supply issues and implement demand driven supply chain programs
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business or Economics
- Minimum of 8 years of broad experience in global supply chain management roles in a high volume, technology based environment
- Mastery of procurement functions including developing, implementing, and executing strategic sourcing initiatives, leading negotiations, and contract management
- Innovative, self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision along with strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must demonstrate superior influencing skills and the ability to succinctly communicate across multiple disciplines at all levels of the organization
- Experience with supplier evaluation/selection, should cost models, contract negotiation and supply base management
- Leadership, program management and cross-functional teamwork experience
- Experience communicating with and influencing all levels of management
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.