Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
- Partner with Engineering leaders to find suppliers capable of meeting Magic Leap current and future technical and business requirements for Optics
- Be an expert in commodity cost and supply for Optics
- Continually benchmark the industry to monitor technology trends and ensure best practices are incorporated into the Magic Leap supply chain.
- Drive Early Supplier Involvement initiatives during R&D phase to provide input for new product concepts and Optical component roadmaps.
- Establish supplier selection criteria in conjunction with Engineering and Supplier Quality, evaluate alternative suppliers, manage the RFI, RFP, RFQ process
- Manage and negotiate key agreements with suppliers (Supply, SOW’s, Design Agreements)
- Lead Total Cost Reduction programs to ensure the lowest possible total cost, including product cost, transportation cost, inventory cost, and cost of quality
- Determine appropriate business splits between suppliers where appropriate
- Formulate contingency plans to de-risk technical challenges, long lead time, single source, and any supply issue
- Institute programs to optimize schedule flexibility while minimizing excess inventory exposure
- Collaborate with CM partners to resolve any chronic part shortage or quality problems which are affecting production schedules
- Drive the ramp/capacity plan and ongoing production plans for designated suppliers.
- Drive executive level relationships with key suppliers to enhance supplier performance, best in class support and cost leadership
- Work with Suppliers to resolve supply issues and implement demand driven supply chain programs
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business or Economics
- Minimum of 8 years of broad experience in global supply chain management roles in a high volume, technology based environment
- Mastery of procurement functions including developing, implementing, and executing strategic sourcing initiatives, leading negotiations, and contract management
- Innovative, self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision along with strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must demonstrate superior influencing skills and the ability to succinctly communicate across multiple disciplines at all levels of the organization
- Experience with supplier evaluation/selection, should cost models, contract negotiation and supply base management
- Leadership, program management and cross-functional teamwork experience
- Experience communicating with and influencing all levels of management
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.