Magic Leap’s mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Magic Leap is a team of creatives and technologists building a personal, spatial computing platform that seamlessly blends the digital and physical worlds. Magic Leap’s healthcare team is changing the world of healthcare professionals and is looking to expand its team.
The Systems Engineer, Health will design and develop requirements and documentation, and aid in the implementation and integration of system features for a medical wearable technology. This role works closely with developers and engineers to develop a platform that will be used in the hospital operating room, clinic, and home setting. The candidate will also work in collaboration with other engineering disciplines, regulatory, quality, product management, program management, and partners to deliver products per the product development roadmap. The candidate will need systems engineering principles in developing, testing and modifying designs using the agile method.
- Responsible for system-level technical contribution to product development.
- Aid in research and defining system components, modules, internal and external interfaces, engineering analysis, and documentation to satisfy specified requirements for each stage of development from feasibility to production transfer.
- Research and design solutions to complex issues related to electro-mechanical implementation and interfaces based on medical regulatory and standards requirements.
- Proper documentation of system design, requirements, process flows, and user acceptance criteria.
- Conduct use case definition and convert into concrete engineering system-level requirements and usability engineering evaluations.
- Understand the system and act as the liaison between the R&D team, product management, system testing, and design teams.
- Work directly with internal/external customers for research and validation testing.
- 3+ years in a similar role of project and product development in a regulated industry.
- Knowledge of regulatory (FDA/EU) landscape for medical devices, design for hardware and software.
- Familiar with most Systems Engineering principles and functional areas: requirements engineering, human factors, integration, testing, and specialty in sensors and electrical engineering.
- Experience with multitasking, task prioritization, data analysis, and handling multiple projects of varying complexity.
- Ability to brainstorm, conceptualize and creatively approach design problems, focusing on critical functions while complying with industry standards.
- Strong organizational, documentation, and interpersonal skills as well as a willingness to work within a team-oriented environment.
- Proven experience working under short timelines and delivery dates.
- Computer Skills: Python, C++, MATLAB.
BS/BA in Electrical/Mechanical/Biomedical Engineering or another related field; MS preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.