Magic Leap’s mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Magic Leap is a team of creatives and technologists building a personal, spatial computing platform that seamlessly blends the digital and physical worlds. Magic Leap’s healthcare team is changing the world of consumer well-being, diagnostics, and digital therapeutics, and is looking to expand its team.
As Senior Software Engineer, Digital Health Algorithms and Deep Learning Research, you are responsible for fusing spatial and visual computing paradigms to define novel biomedical algorithms for health and fitness applications. You will drive the development of the algorithms of the core user sensing service of our spatial computing platform. You will work closely with embedded algorithm software engineers, the data collection team and the clinical team to ensure an efficient and highly robust clinically validated solution.
- Explore, research, prototype, design, develop and test methods and algorithms for detection and measurement of clinically and biologically relevant biomarkers, and assess their feasibility
- Develop, with minimal supervision, optimization methods, deep learning architectures, and tools to ease the use of feed forward and recurrent models
- Define data collection mechanisms and protocols, and coordinate their execution with data collection and other teams
- Coordinate with digital health and embedded software teams the transfer of digital health algorithms from applied-research feasibility phase to their implementation as production code
- Interface with other software teams to ship features in expected quality to customers
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality algorithms and services
- Create software, review code, write documentation following medical device and HIPAA design controls
- Work closely with Software Security, User Experience, Hardware, Software, Business Development, Product, Clinical and Healthcare to implement the next generation clinically validated digital health biomarker suite for the device
- 5+ years of industry experience as a software algorithm developer, researcher and/or data scientist
- 5+ years of deep learning algorithms experience from applied research and feasibility to production-level implementation
- 3+ years coding & debugging of C++ and Python
- 2+ years of experience working in healthcare or medical device development
- Knowledge of deep learning frameworks, especially TensorFlow, required
- Proven track record of bringing deep learning algorithms from applied research and feasibility to production-level implementation a strong plus.
- Strong foundations in machine learning and other algorithm development, especially in deep learning (RNNs, CNNs, etc).
- Strong foundations in data structures, and software and computer architecture
- Experience in implementation of deep learning, other machine learning algorithms and other complex biomedical algorithms for health and wellness required
- Experience in the development of algorithms for measurement and monitoring ofß health and medical applications a strong plus
- Experience working in medical device regulated (FDA, MDD, HIPAA/GDPR, cybersecurity) industry a strong plus
- Proven ability and experience to use data to draw the right conclusions
- Strong experience in functional and automated testing, planning and development
- Strong experience with software practices such as source control, testing, code review
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, or similar required. MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science or related with concentration on machine learning preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.