Software Engineer in Test (SDET), React JS - Contractor
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing. Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
SDET, React JS - Job Description
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), React JS will be a key contributor to the success of MagicScript APIs.
As a key member of our Quality Assurance Team, the test engineer will apply their depth of engineering experience and QA best practices to develop manual and automated test cases in line with engineering objectives and deliverables. This includes developing and testing sample applications for our game engines and application frameworks.
SDET, React JS - Responsibilities
- Create test applications and experiences using React JS based application framework to provide developer-focused testing of APIs
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code to develop high-quality test scripts and applications
- White box and black box testing of test applications.
- Provide testing support and feedback to various departments within the software organization
- Develop, Test, and Run manual and automated tests on a daily basis ensuring complete test coverage of requirements
- Investigate, troubleshoot and verify software defects and other technical issues
- Build, maintain, and test applications to continually provide feedback on the quality of the application framework
- Analyze and report on test progress, status and performance metrics
SDET, React JS - Qualifications
A combination of the following skills and experience are required for this position:
- Experience working on software products in QA / Automation related testing
- Fluent communication skills with an ability to analyze and interpret information from both on-site and remote teams.
- Strong drive to learn and grow as an engineer.
SDET, React JS - Nice to Have Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will join with some of the following skills and be open to developing the rest
- Previous experience developing with C++ and/or game development experience. Experience in OS/Objective C/Swift/ARKit and/or Android/Java/Kotlin/ARCore (for the MV/XR sides)
- Experience with testing SDKs, APIs, and applications on embedded devices.
- Thorough understanding of test fundamentals, test management tools, and defect tracking tools.
- Experience with analyzing requirements, test planning, test case creation, test execution, automated testing and reporting
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies.
SDET, React JS - Education
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent experience