Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Magic Leap is seeking a VP of Program Management responsible for leading and managing programs, and projects connected to our mission control operations. As VP of PM you will work closely with VP MCO&I and relevant Leadership Team members to overcome any and all obstacles assure alignment along approved programs, projects, and company operations. This position will manage the day-to-day operational responsibilities of Magic Leap’s ML Mission Control Operations Program (MCO&I) and provides the VP of MCO&I with a timely and accurate view of objectives, timelines, and status across the ML program.
- Build an ‘integrated data circuit’ of all program and project plans, data, and information across all ML (e.g. an MCO&I tracking number required for all projects and required before any funds are allocated)
- Ensures CEO dashboards are updated with relevant information related to ML
- Ensure RIs are tough and competent and escalates lack of accountability/performance to XLT and CEO
- Provides critical program and project views to the XLT and LT so that functional and objective based alignment and communication is enabled.
- Does not manage a functional department, but works to assure program objectives, and company objectives are achieved between all functional departments and program/project teams
- Develop cross-functional ML future leaders for short and long-term company growth
- Work within overall Magic 7 values and company performance/behavior expectations.
- At least 15+ years of experience in Engineering or Technical Services Management
- Minimum 10 years Managerial or Program Manager /Product Management experience
- Knowledge of the AR/VR/MR field a plus
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to explain complex subject matter in simple but accurate terms
- Ability to work under pressure with aggressive deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office tools including Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to communication succinctly and effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Experience with software development tools such as JIRA and the Agile development process
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline, Information Technology, Computer Science or Business or related fields
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) a plus
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.