Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The Manager, you will responsible for business process data functions, data exchanges and key data warehouses across the organization. You will find solutions to streamline use and flow of data, solving business obstacles related to data silos. Working closely with MCO&I director and senior director and relevant Leadership to overcome any and all obstacles assure alignment along approved programs, projects, and company operations. You will provide clear business and technical requirements, partnering closely with the all departments in a non-departmental manner to assure the overall delivery of company objectives.
- Manage the day-to-day operational responsibilities of Magic Leap’s Mission Control Operations Program (MCO&I) and provides the VP of MCO&I with a timely and accurate view of objectives, timelines, and status across the ML programs and projects
- Build an ‘integrated data circuit’ of all program and project plans, data, and information across all things ML (e.g. an MCO&I tracking number required for all projects and required before any funds are allocated)
- Ensures Department dashboards are updated with relevant information
- Ensure RIs are tough and competent and escalates lack of accountability/performance
- Provides critical program and project views to the XLT and LT so that functional and objective based alignment and communication is enabled.
- Does not manage a functional department, but works to assure program objectives, and company objectives are achieved between all functional departments and program/project teams
- Work within overall Magic 7 values and company performance/behavior expectations
- Performs analysis using a variety of tools (smartsheets, tableau etc).
- Attend and run key meetings with LT and XLT
- 5+ years of relevant and progressive experience in a management roles.
- Experience in working with large datasets.
- Knowledge of the AR/VR/MR field as a plus
- Knowledge of SAS, SAP, SQL, and other database software.
- Skills in data manipulation, management, linkage, and analysis.
- Knowledge of data validation and cleaning.
- Ability to conduct quality control and assurance of own and other programs and analyses.
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills. Able to communicate complex ideas simply.
- Must be self-starter and able to take projects from concept to completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Finance or Engineering. MBA or related
- Master’s degree, preferably from a top-tier program
- Project Management Professional (PMP) a plus
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.