Senior, Software Development Engineer - Contractor
The Ecosystem team’s mission is to engage, inspire and support developers to drive global growth of Magic Leap’s Content Ecosystem. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Cloud Platform team, you will be working on a team building the future of highly scalable Identity and Access Management (IAM) cross-platform enabling services supporting spatial computing devices and experiences. You will create secure, multi-tenant services and work closely with other teams to identify and meet customers’ needs in a collaborative, agile environment.
We work primarily in Go (Golang) and SQL, but believe that languages can be learned, and prefer to focus on one’s general programming ability.
What you’ll do:
- Be a key contributor in building and implementing the next generation of IAM solutions that would link multiple internal and external spatial computing platforms, experiences, and applications
- Work with industry standard protocols and standards, participate in new technology innovation and evaluations
- Lead and collaborate with engineers and teams across the company to design and develop new features, improvements, and fixes to handle our current and future scale
- Debug production issues
- Participate in development planning and prioritization of work for the Identity team
- Create and maintain continuous integration and continuous deployment processes to rapidly ship features and fixes
- Participate in the professional development and growth of a world-class cloud engineering team
- Create, champion, and drive better metrics and monitoring initiatives to gain more insight into the behavior of our Cloud applications and services
- Lead a small team of direct reports on Identity software engineering initiatives
What you’ll need:
- Ability to lead others and resolve team issues with limited guidance
- Desire for continuous growth and comfort with autonomy
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Attention to details and keep user experience a top priority
- Strong programming skills
- Experience with a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience deploying and scaling high-traffic services with major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Familiarity with Test-Driven and Behavior-Driven Development (TDD/BDD) a plus
- Experience with authentication and authorization including OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, Encryption, SSL/TLS.
- Experience with operating system IAM protocols (Nice to have)
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment (CI/CD)
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, SMTP, HTTP) is a plus
BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.