Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The Purchasing Manager manages the purchasing staff and all aspects of purchasing to efficiently and cost-effectively support organizational operations. The Operations Management department handles the purchasing of all products to fulfill our customer’S needs through a variety of vendors and distributors. You will be an integral to our client’s success, profitability and meeting SLAs.
As a Purchasing Manager, you will perform the following activities:
- Oversee the operations and daily activities of the purchasing department; including management and development of the purchasing staff to maximize performance.
- Develop multi-year Supply Chain strategies and inventory plans.
- Develop Supply Chain KPI’s and measure related performance and manage continuous improvement activities for the Supply Chain and Procurement organization.
- Develop processes for coordinating supply-related activities among Sourcing, Procurement, Materials, and Operations, to ensure supply availability and effective cash/inventory management.
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Determine the quantity and timing of deliveries
- Determine and establish optimal inventory levels based on the forecast, demand variation, and material lead times
- Coordinate material flows throughout product/BOM changes, obsolescence, and the introduction of new suppliers and/or materials due to new product development
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies, policies, procedures and best practices.
- Address Supply Chain issues like supply disruptions, quality issues, and personnel issues.
- Understand Vendor programs, resources available to dealers, and primary or escalation points of contact.
- Improve purchasing systems and processes.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve the effectiveness
- Lead cross-functional project teams
- Oversee and coordinate inventory accuracy in conjunction with Accounting through cycle counting, appropriate inventory transactions, and annual physical inventory counts for ingredients, packaging, and finished goods inventories
- Travel as needed, including internationally
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in a professional procurement and/or and Supply Chain role with exposure to a variety of manufacturing processes and commodities
- SAP ERP experience.
- Understand the fundamentals and principles of MRP ( SAP is a plus).
- Strong knowledge of Materials Master ( SAP is a plus).
- Strong analytical ability. Proficiency in managing multiple Data Integrity
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments
- Project Management
- Strong and convincing communication skills.
- Proven ability to provide direct supervision of employees.
- Demonstrated ability to shape, lead and manage multiple areas of purchasing and production planning
- MS Excel advanced user knowledge.
- Experience in specialty vehicle manufacturing (Truck, Bu
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of business operations, including finance, accounting, legal, materials management, engineering, quality, manufacturing, etc
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Materials Management, Finance, Engineering, or Operations
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.